we need a humor forum.....until then

OK..... he'p a brother out here. I Do So Love Me Some Slow-Hand, and that's great stuff, that articulated un-amplified series of sets really show off his skills,

BUT!!!!

Since when is Clapton considered "blues?" His album 'Blues' is (was?) called "Blues Rock" I guess but is he really BLUES??? Just wondering.

Pretty, pretty, pretty stuff most of it...... I think I've got 7-8 different artists' renditions of 'Tears In Heaven' for instance..... but in my guts I guess I've never known it was blues!

You can check out Clapton's comment on the subject in the intro to Bob Dylan's 30th Anniversary Concert here.

https://ok.ru/video/208269543957

Well, OK, I take back everything I've said about what I think of as "blues"!

I searched it, wiki'd it and watched the liddle vid.

Turns out I've got a whole lot more "blues" than I thought once you start including "blues influenced" :)

Well, OK, I take back everything I've said about what I think of as "blues"!

I searched it, wiki'd it and watched the liddle vid.

Turns out I've got a whole lot more "blues" than I thought once you start including "blues influenced" :)

That liddle vid is about 3 hours. Most of it pretty good IMO.

I know Eric is not a Blues singer by trade but when he chooses to do so he nails it.

Try Howling Wolf, Mother Guitar Hubbard, Jimmy Reed, Lightning Hopkins, Muddy Waters etc. Idoubt you will find their work what you are looking for but if I got right you owe me 10 bucks.

I know Eric is not a Blues singer by trade but when he chooses to do so he nails it.

Try Howling Wolf, Mother Guitar Hubbard, Jimmy Reed, Lightning Hopkins, Muddy Waters etc. Idoubt you will find their work what you are looking for but if I got right you owe me 10 bucks.

Oh yeahh, I've got all those mainstream guys :) ...... well, not Mother Guitar Hubbard. I got lots of Ray Wylie Hubbard though.

I think you mighta' made up Mother Hubbard!

Old mother Hubbard

went to her cupboard

and found..............................a Blues Guitar.

now that she's older

she's gotten bolder

and take's her show on the road

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year outside of Buffalo, New York scientists found traces of copper cable dating back 120 years. They came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 100 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the New Yorker's, in the weeks that followed, a Los Angeles, California archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet somewhere just outside Oceanside. Shortly after, a story in the LA Times read, "California archaeologists, reporting a finding of 200 year old copper cable, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network a hundred years earlier than the New Yorker's.

One week later, a local newspaper in Jasper, Georgia reported the following: "After digging down about 30 feet deep in his pasture near the community of Jasper, Mr. Ruybal, a hell of an engineer and a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely nothing. Mr. Ruybal has therefore concluded that 300 years ago, Georgia had already gone wireless."

Just makes a person proud to be from Georgia!

I had not heard it in years but was listening to You tube at lunch a few months back. Eric Clapton and Stevie Winwood " I am wasted an I can't find my way home." And there is some Cream that I just gotta heard when I see it on my phone.

This Sunday's word of the day.

6ftC05v.jpg

I just watched 'Blacksnake Moan' and as much as I detest Samuel L Jackson'rs political views..... THERE was some blues. Hardcore, real BLUES....

And......Two of the most influential Blues Artists, that ever picked up a Guitar, are missing from that "Who's who"list. Robert Johnson and BB King. It all starts with Robert Johnson.

Glenn

A couple drove down a country road for several miles, not saying a word. An earlier discussion had led to an argument and neither of them wanted to concede their position.

As they passed a barnyard of mules, goats and pigs, the husband asked sarcastically, "Relatives of yours?"

"Yep," the wife replied, "in-laws."

the CURE

A woman goes to a counselor, worried about her husband’s temper.

The counselor asks, "What's the problem?

The woman says, "I don't know what to do. Every day my husband loses his temper for no reason. It scares me.”

The Counselor says, "I have a cure for that. When it seems your husband is getting angry, take a double shot of Jack Daniel's bourbon and swish it in your mouth. Swish and swish, but don't swallow it until he either leaves the room or calms down.

Two weeks later, she goes back to the counselor, looking fresh and reborn.

She tells the counselor, "That was a brilliant idea. Every time my husband started to get angry, I swished the Jack Daniels and he would start to calm down. It was amazing! What is it about Jack Daniels that makes it work like that?

The counselor said, "The Jack Daniel's does nothing. Keeping your mouth shut is the trick.”

A young farm couple, Homer and Darlene, got married and just couldn't seem to get enough lovin'. In the morning, before Homer left the house for the fields, they made love. When Homer came back from the fields, they made love. And again at bedtime, they made love.

The problem was their nooner; it took Homer a half hour to travel home and another half hour to return to the fields and he just wasn't getting enough work done. Finally Homer asked the town doctor what to do.

"Homer," said the doctor, "just take your rifle out to the field with you and when you're in the mood, fire off a shot into the air. That will be Darlene's signal to come out to you. Then you won't lose any field time."

They tried Doc's advice and it worked well for a while. Homer came back to the doctor's office..

"What's wrong?" asked the Doc. "Didn't my idea work?"

"Oh, it worked real good," said Homer. "Whenever I was in the mood, I fired off a shot like you said and Darlene'd come runnin'. We'd find a secluded place, make love, and then she'd go back home again."

"Good, Homer. So what's the problem?" asked the Doc.

"I ain't seen her since huntin' season started."

A man wakes up and looks at his clock. It is 7:07 am.

He gets out of bed, goes downstairs and glances at his calendar. It says it is July 7, the seventh day of the seventh month.
As he steps outside he notices Bus #7 going by. He walks to a coffee shop and orders a coffee and a bite to eat and the bill comes to $7.77.

The man thinks "hmmmm... all these sevens... I think the universe is trying to tell me something."

So feeling that maybe this is his lucky day, the man cuts out early from work and goes to the race track. He reads the racing schedule and sees that in the seventh race horse # 7 is called "Lucky Universe". The man can't believe it. He runs up to the teller and bets all his money on the horse.

The horse came in seventh.

Back