Shut 'er down!!

I've added vicvanb to my ignore list so I don't have to see his vitriolic posts anymore.

Interesting that Obama voted against raising the debt limit when he was a senator but now is all for it. Seeing as the national debt has nearly doubled under his reign that's not surprising. Is that a flip-flop or is that term only used against Republicans?

When you talk to liberals about their positions on issues and confuse them with facts.....they often have no recollection of ever hearing that.

Kinda like Hillary when she testifies.

Oh wait......that's the same thing isn't it......my bad.

for aca supporters

From a friend, PAY CLOSE ATTENTION...posted on the Obamacare website today "I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. I have a preexisting condition
(Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually I chose tier 2 "Silver Plan" and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I "opt-out" and chose to continue along with no insurance. I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return. Then you make it to the "REPERCUSSIONS PORTION" for "non-payment" of yearly fine. First, your drivers license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with "Non-Payment" and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home. You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy "Automatically withdraw" your "penalties" weekly, bi-weekly or monthly! This by no means is "Free" or even "Affordable.

Well

From a friend, PAY CLOSE ATTENTION...posted on the Obamacare website today "I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. I have a preexisting condition
(Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually I chose tier 2 "Silver Plan" and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I "opt-out" and chose to continue along with no insurance. I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return. Then you make it to the "REPERCUSSIONS PORTION" for "non-payment" of yearly fine. First, your drivers license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with "Non-Payment" and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home. You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy "Automatically withdraw" your "penalties" weekly, bi-weekly or monthly! This by no means is "Free" or even "Affordable.

It is an Orwellian world these days and it isn't going to get better. The government needs to get out of the face of individuals and businesses. Sure, they are valuable in certain regulatory functions, seeing that there is a level playing field, etc. the original function of our federal govt was to regulate interstate commerce and provide for the national defense. My, how far we've come. I don't need to be told how to wipe my arse, does anyone? Well, I think I know the answer to that question.

Last edited:
When you talk to liberals about their positions on issues and confuse them with facts.....they often have no recollection of ever hearing that.

Kinda like Hillary when she testifies.

Oh wait......that's the same thing isn't it......my bad.

Another great and concise post.

Shut er down

Mind you that law needs to be challenged in federal court . Its un fair to everyone who is in certain income brackets.
It will catch up with the career politicians eventually. The law needs to be repealed. Just like the gun laws that they shove down our throats.
I thought years ago congress pledged No new laws without funding; Another lie.
I'm tired of their lies and I bet most of you are too. well lets start doing something about it.
Vote the career guys out in all branches of government, Pressure you congress person and let him or her know how you feel.

If they don't respond then get together on your Puter and let your friends know that he isn't representing peoples best interest.
Mine is a commie Democrat, He voted for Obama care and I am going to work against him in the coming election.
The Republicans haven't a candidate as of yet but maybe another party will have. one that I can back .
green party , veterans party or what ever anyone that's not a democrat or Commie and who is against the states quo in Washington
time for a change that I could believe in. The Republicans have dropped the ball around here

Truth??

From a friend, PAY CLOSE ATTENTION...posted on the Obamacare website today "I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. I have a preexisting condition (Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually I chose tier 2 "Silver Plan" and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I "opt-out" and chose to continue along with no insurance. I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return. Then you make it to the "REPERCUSSIONS PORTION" for "non-payment" of yearly fine. First, your drivers license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with "Non-Payment" and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home. You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy "Automatically withdraw" your "penalties" weekly, bi-weekly or monthly! This by no means is "Free" or even "Affordable.

For 2014 the penalty for opting out of the ACA is $95 for an adult and $47.50 for a child, up to $285 for a family, or 1% of family income, whichever is greater. This can be verified easily by anyone interested.

A penalty of $4037 (as claimed by the above quote) would mean a family income of $403,700. If this family earns over $400,000 per year I doubt that they would lack health insurance as claimed. If they have insurance they need not apply for ACA benefits (with no penalty).

Something is very fishy about the claims by Msorwan 1975. Yet another false claim designed to panic the uninformed?

Last edited by a moderator:
There's more...

Also, the claim that a federal tax lien will be placed on your home after 24 months of penalty non-payment is false. Section 150(g)(2) states that the IRS cannot "file notice of lien with respect to any property of a taxpayer by reason of any failure to pay the penalty imposed by this section."

Again, an easily verifiable fact.

The opponents of the ACA really do need to be much more honest.

Suggestion to all concerned! Check out Mark Levin, go to his web site and ask him personally. ( E-Mail or call him ). So far in my opinion he is the only person who has read all of this Bill/Law and can tell you the truth, good/bad about this subject. He does not have a hidden motive or vested interest, just what is best for America. He is very intelligent and can explain this better than even the corrupt politicians that wrote or signed it. From what I have read and learned this is a Terrible Bill/Law for Americans and American Business. Mark is a Constitutional Lawyer that wants the best for America and the affordable care act/ Obama care is not it, but if you do the research and make your own opinion I can accept that. I personally want to ask all my fellow Americans to do the research, then make solid statements. Mark Levin served under in my opinion the greatest president this country has ever known. President Ronald Reagan. and he is the most informed man in the United States on the subject, as far as the parties go we need reform and it's needed now, so please do your self, family and friends a favor and check him out, contact him, ask questions and I'm sure a lot of you will have a much more informed opinion and facts about the subject. I'm not trying to promote anyone just giving you the person, tools to form educated information from a person that truly knows the truth.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns as they are genuine and this needs to be addressed publicly, civilly but also intelligently. Thanks. Rich

Also, the claim that a federal tax lien will be placed on your home after 24 months of penalty non-payment is false. Section 150(g)(2) states that the IRS cannot "file notice of lien with respect to any property of a taxpayer by reason of any failure to pay the penalty imposed by this section."

Again, an easily verifiable fact.

The opponents of the ACA really do need to be much more honest.

I admit I havent had time to confirm this but I did trust my source. Any errors of not fact checking are mine and mine alone.

For 2014 the penalty for opting out of the ACA is $95 for an adult and $47.50 for a child, up to $285 for a family, or 1% of family income, whichever is greater. This can be verified easily by anyone interested.

A penalty of $4037 (as claimed by the above quote) would mean a family income of $403,700. If this family earns over $400,000 per year I doubt that they would lack health insurance as claimed. If they have insurance they need not apply for ACA benefits (with no penalty).

Something is very fishy about the claims by Msorwan 1975. Yet another false claim designed to panic the uninformed?

Like most liberals, your only telling part of the story. The information above is only for 2014. 2015 is 325.00 per adult and 265.50 per child (up to 975.00 per family) or 2% of income, whichever is greater. Then, in 2016 it's 695.00 per adult and 347.50 per child (up to 2085.00 per family) or 2.5% income, whichever is greater. This is straight from the website.

Hovis

My take on this health care is the ones that paid in to fund for all these years of work are getting it shoved to them. The ones that will need care will have to wait for the panel to decide if you live or die. The feds will take all the money out of the fund we paid in and waste it some where and or shove it in their pockets. Obama can buy more votes...... jim

The only way to get proper healthcare for the masses is to put congress, the senate, and all federal employees on the same plan as the rest of us. No subsidies either, they pay the full cost of the insurance. If it's affecting them, then they'll work to fix it. Maybe then they'll address the rising cost, and fraud associated with the healthcare system as well.
They have an opportunity to do this, if they don't squander it.

If you think that would happen, you would have better chance looking under your pillow in the morning...... jim

Like most liberals, your only telling part of the story.
Hovis

And, like most conservatives, you are distorting the issue. The guy claimed he got an email message informing him of his 2014 penalty. The penalties beyond 2014 were not mentioned and are not relevant to his claim so I did not address them.

And, like most conservatives, you are distorting the issue. The guy claimed he got an email message informing him of his 2014 penalty. The penalties beyond 2014 were not mentioned and are not relevant to his claim so I did not address them.

vicvanb, thank you this was an honest response to something I posted that may very well be not factual. I am trying to get the facts to clarify and am currently awaiting a response.

I admit having a strong personal bias about when gov. tries to "help". I have been on the receiving end of gov. help several times. It never went well before, but that is MY personal experience.

I wonder if owning firearms will have anything to do with Obama care in the future, like your premiums might be higher because of the health risk. I guess nothing mentioned so far.

What is good about this health care plan?

I'm a bit behind the door on this, Certainly, most seem to be against it at every turn....everywhere this is discussed. What are the good parts of this plan as it applies to the average Joe? Let's define the "average Joe" as a Joe that can buy a benchrest rifle and somehow avoid divorce. Leave out the Joes that can buy their wife one too.

What good is this plan as it applies to the average Joe?

Back