Jeff Patterson's J-PAT SPEC Rifles

Maybe we should start a new thread, to talk about what most don't want... practice, will, desire, attitude, mental, and so on...

That said, looking/owning, a good rifle is a very positive mental feedback.
I'm delighted seeing all those great and well done rifles, in Europe and abroad. And always from seeing learning something, that little detail that could made me a more relaxed shooter. A gorgeous rifle is one of them.

Sure..start a new thread about what it takes to win. A good rifle is certainly part of that equation but I've never seen a rifle that consistently beats PRACTICE.

What Does It Take to Win - Rimfire Benchrest Competitions

Sure..start a new thread about what it takes to win. A good rifle is certainly part of that equation but I've never seen a rifle that consistently beats PRACTICE.

I enjoy reading opinions about what it takes to win and hope a new thread is created for this topic ...

In the mean time, newer shooters might enjoy reading what Jerry Stiller (Holeshot Arms) has to say in a thread on Rimfire Accuracy called "What does it take to really get to the top??"

I found Jerry's comments and guidance very helpful and often refer shooters new to our sport to this thread.

Here's the thread:

https://www.rimfireaccuracy.com/For...-does-it-take-to-really-get-to-the-top.28341/

SPEC P-3 Coming on line soon!!!!

SPEC P-3 will be online soon.

Kind of rough at this point but here is a first look.

SPEC P-3.jpgSPEC P-3.jpg

TKH (4628)

Last edited:
J-pat spec 3

Here is a pic of the JPAT SPEC 3 Rifle.

Is that nice or what.

Shooting a rifle that looks this nice is worth another 100 points to you score!

Well maybe not but it will make you proud to shoot the match.

JPAT SPEC 3.jpg

TKH (4628)

J-pat spec 3

Here is a pic of the JPAT SPEC 3 Rifle.

Is that nice or what.

Shooting a rifle that looks this nice is worth another 100 points to your score!

Well maybe not but it will make you proud to shoot the match.

View attachment 25412

TKH (4628)

I noted the rear ring is poorly mounted on the base.
There are other photos that show it with the scope, and in fact the rear ring is off...
Any update coming?

I noted the rear ring is poorly mounted on the base.
There are other photos that show it with the scope, and in fact the rear ring is off...
Any update coming?

Pedro,

The ring hanging off the scope base was in boxing terms "A Rope a Dope". As in Mohamad Ali.

It would never be shot that way. The scope was put on just for the photo.

The one piece base will be installed before the rifle is tested.

Here is a better look.

Perfect Strom SPEC 3.jpg

TKH (4628)

Pedro,

The ring hanging off the scope base was in boxing terms "A Rope a Dope". As in Mohamad Ali.

It would never be shot that way. The scope was put on just for the photo.

The one piece base will be installed before the rifle is tested.

Here is a better look.

View attachment 25413

TKH (4628)

Thanks Tony, and my question was more a rhetoric one, because it won't be shoot that way.
Maybe I'm too picky, but even for just a photo, a better approach could have been taken.

Breaking news

The demand for High quality RFBR rifles continues.

High Table JPAT-SPEC 2 has been sold to Mike Gross.

Mike has expressed the desire to purchase High Table in the past.

Larry Parsons, knee deep in High quality RFBR rifles, accepted Mike's offer and the deal is now done.

With the new owner maybe we will see High Table at some matches.

Congratulations to Mike. Good luck with the rifle.

Larry, thank you to for allowing this rifle the opportunity to pursue the chance to make it in the sport Jeff built it for.

This is a win for everyone concerned.

TKH (4628)

High Table 2.jpg

Last edited:
Tony, a nice looking rifle and a God awful bolt knob. IMHO

Butch,

That is the knob that comes with the New Turbo actions. I agree that is the first thing that needs "customizing".

I much prefer the tear drop or the cone like these.

0734.jpg

Attachments

• 0734.jpg
    0734.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 225
  • blk2.jpg
    blk2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Simple question...
It's clear a longer bolt arm on the V3 Turbos. Is this due to a more lever to overcome the three lugs, or is it just design?

Bolt Knob

Butch/Tony,

The bolt knob length, by design, provides more leverage to facilitate easier lifting of the bolt. Sorry, some don't like the shape we've never received any complaints or negative feedback about the knob shape, until now. Changing the profile of the knob is an easy change as we manufacture the knobs in house. The bolt handle stems are threaded 5/16"-24 and there are literally dozens of aftermarket bolt knobs available, take a look at Bruno's Shooting Supply for example. We do offer an aluminum teardrop knob in lieu of the longer cylindrical knob, a customer just needs to specify their preference when placing an order.

Best Regards, Anthony DiOrio

J-PAT Spec Rifle schedule

This is the current schedule of J-Pat Spec rifles.

P-1-2-and 3 have been delivered. I hear P4 is nearing completion.

If you know of more current info please post it here.

jpat rifles.jpg

TKH

Last edited:
J-PAT Spec Rifle schedule

Tony, this list looks like it may need to be updated. Several months ago I told Jeff that unfortunately, because of current financial reasons, I was withdrawing from the list. This is a big disappointment to me but I am sure someone will provide a great home for #10.

Geoff

Just noticed this thread a couple days ago. Larry Parsons was gracious enough to give me the 13th spot, grateful that he did this.

Since then spot 13 has been switched to spot 8.

Joe

Back