BAT 3 vs 2 Lug

shinny

Shinny
:confused:Want to order a Bat action for a switch barrel gun, but before I did thought I had better ask the experts for some opinions? :confused:

Any pro / cons of the 3 lug vs 2 lug actions?

Thanx 1,000,000

Shinny

Last edited:
It seems to me that it is a "Chevy vs Ford" type of choice. Both can the basis for extremely accurate rifles. Personally, I prefer the 2-lug because of the smoother bolt lift. I have a BAT model B that is chambered for a 6mm Dasher and 6PPC and it works great. A friend has a 3-lug that is a switch barrel and it too is a great rifle. Shoot each and see which one you like best. James

Had both. Prefer the 2-lug (B) and have two of them. I am sure you can find others to say the opposite.

The 3-lug never had the smoothness of the 2-lug, IMHO. Both shoot. Your choice.

jks

The 3 lug is faster because of the shorter throw if that means anything to U

Bottom line is you cant go wrong either way. For me as long as it says BAT on it, im good to go!! I have both and i like and shoot both. They are just different, not one any better than the other. IMHO of course! Lee

I have both

the 3 lug is as slick if not more so than my DS since I changed pin springs.both have the roller cocking piece.the 3 lug is CM the DS is SS.now Im trying to figure out which shoots better but the 3 lug is definately much better in the bags since changing the spring.JMHO jim

ejection plunger????

how much head space are you running???:confused:

"Bottom line is you can't go wrong either way". Want To Bet??........jackie

Jackie,

How dare you....don't you know that BATs are the bling....just look at the equipment lists....if you were in Iran....you would be stoned now....cause we all know how right they are....

Hovis

Bling

you aint seen my guns LOL.they do seem to be fairly dominating in the lists dont they?;)

Pete,
I tried some tree lugs once but they kept leaving leafs in my action ! :)
Sorry Pete, I couldn't help myself !
Best,
Dan Batko

"Where are we going and why am I in this basket?"

BINGO !!!!

Hovis

Kevin, play nice...:D

I have a 3lug 1 of the earlyer 1s it seems to be as smooth as any 2lug..

Well maybe not as smooth as 1 of them popmetal actions..:p just kidding...

(There are some top Gunsmiths who just love them..........jackie )

Come on you cant leave it at that!! I want to know what you know! Mine seems just fine. Excellent in fact. My shooting Pard also hase one and it is fine. Whats the scoop?? Do tell!! Please!!! Lee

Back