What's Your Ride?

My friend and I run a 5.43 gear (9" Ford) for 1/8 mile and 4.30 for 1/4. Years ago we stuck a 6.50 in to peg the motor at the 1/8 mile finish line. God that thing would buzz but it was tough catching the shift light from 1st to 2nd. Quickly went back to 5.43, which isn't light.

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

Last edited:
Dave.
If you are going through the lights at a lower RPM than your shift points you could use a little more gear. If you are fast and happy and don't want to hurt that motor, please ignore everything I just said.

Yep, you're right, as I shift at 6,200. I have only raced once at a 1/8 mile track and was able to stay in 3rd gear. If I went to 4:56 or 4:88's I would have to make sure it didn't cause me to shift to 4th in the 1/8th. I would pick up time in the 1/4 with lower gears, but probably lose time in the 1/8 with the extra shift.

My friend and I run a 5.43 gear (9" Ford) for 1/8 mile and 4.30 for 1/4. Years ago we stuck a 6.50 in to peg the motor at the 1/8 mile finish line. God that thing would buzz but it was tough catching the shift light from 1st to 2nd. Quickly went back to 5.43, which isn't light.

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

Where did you find a 6:50 gear? I bet that thing would buzz. What kind of motor did you have in front?

Richmond makes a 6.50. At the time we were running a 383 SBC on alcohol (true 15:1 compression). With a billet Lunati roller, big lift, and big duration that little motor would rev. The heads were early AFR.

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

wimp reply to the original question...
2010 kawasaki vulcan 900 classic.
did 6 hours of riding today...

Good Old American Ingenuity

Here's something to drool over. The speedometer shown in the film does not register anything below 40mph.

At 1,244 hp it is more powerful than the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport.
Here’s a fun couple of minutes. Fasten your seat belt and enjoy the ride!!!

When you drive a Chevrolet Corvette
, powered Hennessey Venom GT, you don’t shift into fourth gear until 160 MPH. The top speed is incredible! :p:p

https://www.youtube.com/embed/gWAavCjVQvM?feature=player_detailpage

More on Speed

1. The rear view mirror in the video is maddening.
2. The speedometer is visible just over the center of the steering wheel and a bit to the right. The highest I saw it register was 270 kilometers per hour.
3. People do not get out of the fast lanes on the autobahn any better than they do on I-75 in Georgia.

HANG ONTO YOUR SEAT.
Audi races motorcycles on the Autobahn.

In Germany, the Autobahn between Stuttgart and Munich is used by the auto industry for their high speed test tracks. The Germans have three types of divided highways, limited access, freeways, and the Autobahn. All have speed limits except the Autobahn. A surprising fact is, you are not allowed to pass on the right, which both the motorcycles and the Audi did in the video. The highest speed traffic is to be in the left lane and if you are overtaking another vehicle you are to flash your lights and the other vehicle is to move to the right allowing you to pass. This will give you your Go Fast high for the day. The guy in the Audi is nuts and the guy on the bike makes the Audi guy look sane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Y2HKBQMQmbw#t=116

Almost one half of the total length of the Autobahn has speed limits.

Looking at the video again, it appears to be a Brazilian CCR toll highway. Pedagio and CCR are Brazilian, along with the road signs not in German.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back