What's Your Ride?

Lee
Finally getting it together here.

My old office on the weekends. This was a radio delete stick car.
View attachment 17451

This is late at night after a race at Fremont. Notice there is no trophy on the table. Blew the trans in the first round and limped through the lights with a 12:72. How do I know all this? My wife took the picture and wrote down the info on the back of photo. She has always been ra eal neat lady and we have spent an anniversary or two at the track.
View attachment 17452

That's my son (now 53) pointing at the number eight on the window, meaning I was the eighth D/G car over the scales that morning and I know I wasn't the last. You had to love heads up racing.
View attachment 17453

Many thanks for sharing those. I almost bought a 60's vintage '55 gasser a few years back. A friend has had it in his yard since the early 90's and we almost struck a deal. But for the amount of work required to bring it back he's too high on the price. When I get a chance I'll post a picture of it.

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

AlMy buddy used to run a Camaro in SS/I and SS/IA. Same guy that won at Indy with the K/SA car. He was partners with Rich Aceves. The SS/I car
was " Bluto And The Bean". Hardly correct today. The SS/A car was " Mulry And Aceves". They traveled out of Division 7. Did you ever race them?

I know the names but never met them personally. I know there is a Bob Aceves that runs a killer fast Pontiac stocker out of Division 7.

By the way...love your pics 'from the day'. Cool stuff. It was a sad day when NHRA dropped Modified Eliminator. I was at the U.S. Nationals when all the Modified cars paraded down the return road in protest. :(

67 Camaro

Bob Aceves is Rich's nephew. Bob's dad worked in the same machine shop Mulry and I did. I know the Pontiac run's under the index. We get together every year at a dinner so they keep me up to date on what's going on.

Pretty much ready for the dyno. In a lot of ways, car stuff is much like building a BR gun.....there's always something that doesn't fit and has to be reworked. Today, it was how my new starter meshes with the new flywheel (flexplate). The starter is a high torque Hitachi design that mounts to the Chevy block using an aluminum adapter. Long story short, the adapter block needs to machined to correct the starter drive/flywheel tooth mesh. Like Roseanne Roseannadana said on SNL: "It's always something!" ;) Keeps a guys mind working, though...figuring it all out. :cool:

One thing for sure, these stocker motors sure aren't much to look at.....:D

Al Nyhus

I talked to Mulry this morning. He said you guy's were fast! They are headed to Vegas with the Pontiac in a few weeks.

47 Knuck. Not too fast................:cool: Bought it for my wife's birthday. Rode it to the HD 95th in Milwaukee.

Attachments

• DSCN0322.jpg
    DSCN0322.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 229
Hey Coots.....

it looks like it must be cold down there in Iowa...... That HD looks like it is sitting on an electric blanket.........

:p:p:p

Sorry buddy.... just had to

I do not own a bike but in all honesty I am not a big Harley fan........ Something about almost loosing my hearing to some idiot who figured it was COOL to crack the throttle with straight pipes. I have never had an ear burn like that even from duck hunting all day.

oh

and if I wanted to shake rattle and roll

would prefer her sitting on top of me....... ;)

Calvin

First Ride

My first Ride was an original 1970 Hemi-Cuda that I bought in August of 1976 for $2700.00. Drove it with repair plates for one day, tore the thing all apart. Bought $8300.00 worth of replacement factory parts to restore it over the next 7 years. Lost interest in restoring it some time around 81 when I bought my first motorcycle a 1981 Kawi GPZ1100 (the quickest 1/4 mile bike that year), sold the Cuda on April Fools Day of 84 for $7500.00, 2 days before I left to move to Cali from Mass. Very appropriate selling it on April Fools Day, because I was a fool for selling it. Worth 6 figures today. WHAT A DOPE!

67 Hemi GTX

67 hemi gtx!

67gtxside.jpg

gtxleft.jpg

gtxfront.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
https://youtu.be/TOrrKFKYKQ8

Drone footage from this year's world championship races in The Pas Manitoba....

Yo Calvin.... first let me say I'm NOT a dawg person! over 35yrs married raising a passel of kids and we've never had a dog on the place. But I was raised with working dogs (coon hounds, bird and cattle dogs) and I do know canines..... that was AWESOME!! 29 teams, 300+ hyped up mutts and not a fight one.

Great Start

Great Training there.....

Thanks

made my day

Al

Ain't got a car to post.....I'm now into "Adventure Bikes" LOL nuttin' like being down in the dirt with an 1150.....

How times change. Todays IS350 Lexus 4dr does a 4.8 0-60 as did the GTX Hemi.

Too right..... I sold all my muscle cars when they couldn't hang with a bone-stock 6-banger! My nephew asked for a ride in my '70 Challenger 340 about 6-8 yrs ago. Thought it was perty sporty........now here it is 2016, he just brought over his stupid little dual-turbo'd Ford the other nite, with a 4.3 liter that puts 685HP TO THE WHEELS! 10-second car, idles in my front yard like my wife's Avalon....

Yup, cars have gotten WAYYY better.

I still love Old Metal...... but my current project is a 454 RatRod...

gettin' old I guess

Too right..... I sold all my muscle cars when they couldn't hang with a bone-stock 6-banger! My nephew asked for a ride in my '70 Challenger 340 about 6-8 yrs ago. Thought it was perty sporty........now here it is 2016, he just brought over his stupid little dual-turbo'd Ford the other nite, with a 4.3 liter that puts 685HP TO THE WHEELS! 10-second car, idles in my front yard like my wife's Avalon....

Yup, cars have gotten WAYYY better.

I still love Old Metal...... but my current project is a 454 RatRod...

gettin' old I guess

This is my younger brothers other Hot Rod. Cadillac CTS-V Station Wagon with a stage 3 Lingenfelter package. 690HP at the rear wheels and will get 25 mpg. It's for sale.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 173
it looks like it must be cold down there in Iowa...... That HD looks like it is sitting on an electric blanket.........

:p:p:p

Sorry buddy.... just had to

I do not own a bike but in all honesty I am not a big Harley fan........ Something about almost loosing my hearing to some idiot who figured it was COOL to crack the throttle with straight pipes. I have never had an ear burn like that even from duck hunting all day.

oh

and if I wanted to shake rattle and roll

would prefer her sitting on top of me....... ;)

Calvin

It's the first electric bike Calvin. Not to worry, spring in coming your way in 3 or 4 months. I'm headed to St Louis tomorrow.......

Later
Dave

This is my younger brothers other Hot Rod. Cadillac CTS-V Station Wagon with a stage 3 Lingenfelter package. 690HP at the rear wheels and will get 25 mpg. It's for sale.

Ohh those are nice..... that same nephew actually had one of those on the hook (stock, not like your brother's) but he got a little knock out of the motor coming off a no-load rev and decided on the Ferd instead....

I'm so proud of this kid. He's not 20yrs old but has been working hard with his dad in construction. He paid cash for a 15,000.00 modified '94'ish Trans Am that was half-fast, a lot faster than the old TA's but not nasty-fast, and got cut off by an elderly lady pulling into church on Sunday morning. Wrecked his dream car in a church parking lot! About 20 people saw it happen. He's a good kid, very polite and had the whole church (and the lady who cut him off!) rooting for him, got a nice insurance settlement and the car back. Put the car back on the road and by selling it and with the ins claim he got into another price bracket.

I know that nobody cares about this, but I've got to put in a little plug for "The Kids Of Today"

And that stupid little cobra is FAST!!

LOL

al

Cadillac CTS

Is the Lingenfelter package an aftermarket installation ? I know he used to do complete motors.

Back