Unlimited Rail Gun Enthusiast ?

Mr. T - there's no problem with the delrin. Using some type of bearing just costs more and doesn't do any better.

Again - there is no problem with delrin slides on a rail gun.

To answer your question concerning wear, it doesn't matter. Ten shots plus sighters won't make much difference. :)

Thanks for the clarification , its my first rail build and considering that i am in Europe , there are very few rails around here so i have no posibility of seeing one live that is why all the stupid questions.

Thanks for the clarification , its my first rail build and considering that i am in Europe , there are very few rails around here so i have no posibility of seeing one live that is why all the stupid questions.

Mr T,.... The only stupid question is the one that is not asked. Your response should expel any doubts about the potential success of a forum Dedicated to Rail Guns.

"Lets see the hands of those who don't think a Rail Gun Forum would be a good idea"

Glenn

Rail Gun Forum

I think a rail gun forum would be a great idea as I'm thinking about building one.
Thanks, Wes

Small steps Grasshopper

New to the sport and learning with each day I read this forum.

I think the most successful way to start a discussion dedicated to Rail Guns would be a sub forum here for two reasons. 1. it is an established and well visited site and might increase the shooters interested in these guns; 2. it would cost nothing to start and see what the interest in forum posts would be.

Just my thinking......................

For Mr T

Since you are going to design and build your own rail, you may be interested in this little video. I quit the CF BR game several years ago, but I did enjoy the unlimited class the best.

Thanks Jerry

A perfect example of what the "Unlimited Class" is about. Jerry is a guy who is not afraid to think outside the box. Hensler Electronic Wind indicators, Hensler Powder measure inserts. just a couple that comes to mind. I'm sure there are more.

Very well done video. How important is The automatic return to battery control(Spring) thingy. I've seen some Rail Gun shooters use a bungy cord. Same idea/function?

Glenn

Last edited:
Well some of us older people forget things like returning the gun to battery. The return spring leaves one less thing to forget. Bad enough trying to count ten empty cases.:eek:

Since you are going to design and build your own rail, you may be interested in this little video. I quit the CF BR game several years ago, but I did enjoy the unlimited class the best.

Great video .
Thanks

Some innovative details in that gun. Nice work, and thanks for the video.

Young rail

I have no rail experience. I'm a 37 year old shooter with 3 bag guns. Jay young emailed me last week to say that my rail is getting close to being done. I'm excited. I think I will use a grizzly top loader with multiple bolts but want to start by competing at Tacoma with a tight neck .222 to stay simple. I've been experimenting with a .222 1/2 off of lapua 223 brass and it is great with the last lot of IMR8202 that Bruno sold in 2012 and Bart's 52gr Watson die bullets. That's all fine and good but a straight .222 with lt30 sounds like a good time!!!

Tim

Back