The Tack Driver Showdown sponsored by IBS

I would like to take a minute to thank the sponsors that made the Tack Driver possible.
Vapor Trail Bullets
IBS
Mid Carolina Gun Club
Hornady
PMA Tool
Milford's Body Shop
Annealing Made Perfect
Vicky Lyn Michaels Jewelers
Sightron
Brux Barrels
Dave Short Customs
Archer Custom Rifles
Bullet Central

yes thanks to all and jim and crew.
maybe i will make it next year.
( and thanks for posting the results)
i agree with your comment!
did any gas guns compete ?

I would like to take a minute to thank the sponsors that made the Tack Driver possible.
Vapor Trail Bullets
IBS
Mid Carolina Gun Club
Hornady
PMA Tool
Milford's Body Shop
Annealing Made Perfect
Vicky Lyn Michaels Jewelers
Sightron
Brux Barrels
Dave Short Customs
Archer Custom Rifles
Bullet Central

Last edited:
maybe i will make it next year.
did any gas guns compete ?

We has two gas guns compete. One never hit a target in any scoring area all weekend and the other shot pretty well in my opinion with a 223. 75th in score overall and 73rd in group with an overall finish of 75th in the AGG.

Maybe i will make it next year.
Did any gas guns compete ?
i have just received a call from the man running the tack driver explaining is statements of the people who didnt cancel there res he had to pay for food aprox 1000 dollars i can well understand his feelings if only phone call would have helpd great shooting by top shooters happy holidays to all my freinds into ne yr bill brawand.

All I can say is WOW! Thanks for all the kind words and "Family Reunion #2" announcement will be coming out shortly to those that didn't attend #1. THERE WILL BE A BIG ANNOUNCEMENT WITHIN THE NEXT 48 HOURS ON HERE AS FAR AS DATE /TIME AND REGISTRATION PROCESS!

wow.
i may have to come with a stock ar10t, i think i could hit at least.
i will try again for the next one.
We has two gas guns compete. One never hit a target in any scoring area all weekend and the other shot pretty well in my opinion with a 223. 75th in score overall and 73rd in group with an overall finish of 75th in the AGG.

i didnt see jackie s. Name did he get submarined at dry dock.

My wife and I were all packed and ready to pull out Wednesday Morning. Monday night she started feeling a terrible pain in her left lower side. We went to the hospital, they ran a bunch of test, ......everything looked normal

We went home, she seemed fine, then it came back. Tuesday night we were back in the hospital, they found a severe urinary track infection.

She is doing fine now, the anti-biotic regiment took care of it in about 4 to 5 days.

But I had to call Jim and tell him I could not make it. And of course, he understood.

Tack Driver 2021 Preregistration

PREREGISTRATION for the 2021 event is open to everyone today! I will be taking the first 100 people that complete the mail in registration form along with the $100 deposit. I would bet the spots fill rather quickly with all the discussion across the nation! DON"T hesitate on mailing in your registration as you might be on the outside looking in! Camping spots need to be reserved on a first come first serve basis. They will require an additional $60 deposit to reserve you a location. I ONLY have 13 spots will full hookups and 7 with water and electricity. Let the planning begin and I can't wait to see who THE "Tack Driver" is in 2021.

Attachments

• Tack Driver pre-registration.pdf
    155.6 KB · Views: 195
PREREGISTRATION for the 2021 event is open to everyone today! I will be taking the first 100 people that complete the mail in registration form along with the $100 deposit.

So, what's the total match fee?

Last edited:
So, what's the total match fee?

Match fee is $120. This includes a catered lunch Saturday and Sunday. The others listed are cash options and would be happy to explain them if needed 843-957-6546. I am also working on some sponsors to do a prime rib dinner on Friday night.

WOW; a 50% match fee increase and a 400% increase in the nonrefundable deposit! When you're hot, you're hot.
Not sure where you are getting your figures from. The match fee was $80 this year with $20(deposit)being paid back to the competitors on 140 shooters. The $20 NONREFUNDABLE deposit was 100% paid back to shooters, therefor leaving me with the $500 food bill from no call no show competitors that said they were attending just weeks before. I raised the deposit to $100 to cover payouts and food in case we had people back out. Remember we will only have 100 competitors in 2021 and I still would like to get the winner a substantial prize. I hope you understand, but if you aren't a match director or never have been one you wouldn't understand. If you would like to discuss this further please call me at 843-957-6546.

Not sure where you are getting your figures from. (See 1 below.) The match fee was $80 this year with $20(deposit)being paid back to the competitors on 140 shooters. The $20 NONREFUNDABLE deposit was 100% paid back to shooters, therefor leaving me with the $500 food bill from no call no show competitors that said they were attending just weeks before. (See 2 below.)I raised the deposit to $100 to cover payouts and food in case we had people back out. Remember we will only have 100 competitors in 2021. (See 3 below.) … if you aren't a match director or never have been one you wouldn't understand. (See 4 below.)

2021 match fee of $120, minus 2020 match fee of $80 = $40 increase = 50% increase.
2021 deposit of $100, minus 2020 deposit of $20 = $80 increase = 400% increase.

2. Approx # of folks registered in 2020 of 150, minus approx. 80 shooters = approx. 70 no-shows @ $20 forfeited deposit = approx. $1,400 > $500 food bill.

3. I wonder why you're reducing the number of folks from approx. 150 to 100 -- not that it really matters.

4. Nope, I've never been a match director, but I applaud you for the work you put into this recent shoot -- and the results of your work. :)

Last edited:
Back