The Tack Driver Showdown sponsored by IBS

For a number of years we have held an informal Score shoot here in Utopia, TX using basically this format. We hold the shoot in mid January and hence call it the Freezer because you just do not know what the weather may offer. We shoot the 200 yard score target placed at 300 yards. The extra 100 yards will humble you.
Our shoot started out as a .22 centerfire match but has morphed into a run what you brung match. We have no weight limit. After a number of years, no one has managed a 250 score. We have been close but never perfect.
Since it is pretty informal, we do have a couple of interesting rules.
1. You get one mulligan shot for the entire match.
2. If anyone is getting too serious about the match, we refer them to the head jokester for an attitude adjustment.

Joe

That's my idea of a fun match!:D I especially like the, 200 Yd. target at three hundred yards!:p:eek:RG

The applications are piling in daily, so don't procrastinate if you want to shoot this match. There are only 5-6 camper spots left!

Limited space left

There are ONLY 2 camping spots left with full hookups! I have some room to park motorhomes without sewer, water and power hookups if you would like. Please call to reserve the final few spots if you are planning on attending. Thanks JC

Camping spots

We are down to one camping spot available with full hookups. If you are planning to attend please get your preregistration form in the mail. JC

Registration

We now have 2 gas guns registered! I received 17 applications today alone. Get you application in before the spots are all reserved.

This is a match I would love to make.

But it’s a long way to the South Carolina. If we decided to make this trip, I would have to forsake both the NBRSA Score Nationals and the NBRSA Group Nationals.

Perhaps we could get a range such as Walker County in Huntsville Tx to hold a similar match.

It looks like a great format. And a real challenge.

Tack Driver

This is a match I would love to make.

But it’s a long way to the South Carolina. If we decided to make this trip, I would have to forsake both the NBRSA Score Nationals and the NBRSA Group Nationals.

Perhaps we could get a range such as Walker County in Huntsville Tx to hold a similar match.

It looks like a great format. And a real challenge.
Jackie,
This will be a great match and I hope you can make it as well. I wouldn't want to see you have to miss two matches to make this one though. Just come win it and take the cash option money home with you! I already have 6-8 coming from TX as we speak. Hope to see you in November! JC

I see all sorts of talk of running out of parking...... but I've got a kid lives only 3hrs away......How close are you to topping out the registration?

I see all sorts of talk of running out of parking...... but I've got a kid lives only 3hrs away......How close are you to topping out the registration?

I assure you parking won't be an issue for a vehicle. The camper spots are what is almost full. The registrations are coming in the mail daily and there have been a bunch saying "The check is in the mail", I think it will fill up within the next few weeks at the latest. IF YOU OR ANYONE IS INTERESTED, PLEASE GET YOUR REGISTRATION FORM IN THE MAIL! I only register people as their forms com in the mail. I can not hold spots for anyone. Thanks JC

According to some quick Googling, the average high temperature in Orangeburg, SC on November 14 is 66 degrees F. The average low is 47 degrees. That is the average. In Wilcox, PA that wold be a fine autumn day :).

Check this when you get time

From pa to roanoke in nov it can be 10 above with 4 inches of snow will freze every thing in motor home getting there

From before

In wilcox pa snow from oct on and cold hit snow in roanoke 4 inches robins on side walk to keep warm bad time of yr for people in north with trailers or motor ho0mes

In wilcox pa snow from oct on and cold hit snow in roanoke 4 inches robins on side walk to keep warm bad time of yr for people in north with trailers or motor ho0mes

The simple answer, it seems, is to drive your car or truck and stay in a hotel, like those of us that don't have motor homes.

To who

the simple answer, it seems, is to drive your car or truck and stay in a hotel, like those of us that don't have motor homes.
when you get a little older you cant just jump in car or van andgoespecialy going on 90and your body needs more attention

Back