The New Scope Tuner For Accuracy....

Yo Pete,
Me and Murvis Titsbangin been working on a new ormanent that hangs from the trigger guard and bounces as the rifle recoils, thus unloading the torque applied to the buttplate by the impingement of the magazine spring when properly loaded with the two round minimum required by the sporta rules. We are using a reconditioned front brake master cylinder housing from a 1957 Mack truck to insure there is no magnetic spunktafication incurred once the trigger is activated. Should have it perfected by the Crawfish Shoot. Thumper

Thumper,

I might just have to drive down to see this masterfull piece of precision. Be an excuse to get out of the snow anyway. I'll be sure to pack my hip boots, sounds like it's getting deep in Jacksonville.

Ken

I think you are right on,I am 76 years old can still get the job done
health still pretty good,big c in control ,ticker doing ok with med.
can't travel a lot anymore wife has problems ,have to stay close .
sure miss all of you guys.
maybe spring I can shoot some, Hope all you guys a great winter.
your friend Jesse

TD is the Answer to Tuning

Tang Device is the Answer!! "TD"​

Bill Smith (AKA Thumper) had the right idea with his Master Cylinder Housing - Do not hang junk off you scope and bend it!
My "TD" takes it one step further by placing Equal Lateral Downward forces on the Tang alone by attaching to the rear action screw a hanger which supports a horizontal rod with an adjustable weight rather than inducing any undue stress on the trigger guard or scope!! Make Sense?

("TD" Patent Pending)

Absolutely!

Tang Device is the Answer!! "TD"​

Bill Smith (AKA Thumper) had the right idea with his Master Cylinder Housing - Do not hang junk off you scope and bend it!
My "TD" takes it one step further by placing Equal Lateral Downward forces on the Tang alone by attaching to the rear action screw a hanger which supports a horizontal rod with an adjustable weight rather than inducing any undue stress on the trigger guard or scope!! Make Sense?

("TD" Patent Pending)

Doug, Gotta try your idea! Murvis went testing today and actually put 14 shots together, well, on the paper, well OK, some were on the target backer, but all were in the same county. That means we're on the right track with the WLM, he just hasn't figured out where to put it? if you know what I mean? We had to remove the extrodinator valve and replace the gozinta pin with a lighter one because of the disimiliar metals causeing an electronic impulse which interrupted the harmonic balance of the retrofitted rastoferious unit. Now, if we re-attach this to the tang action screw, as you suggested, we might be able to put some shots on the same target. Will have to let you know after the next test. Thumper;)

I'm so very pleased that the Wright Brothers were not rim fire br guys. Imagine never getting that first thing off the ground. We have been playing with these little rifles for better than 100 years now and we still don't understand how they work. The aviators have been to the moon and back. Are we all idiots or just followers? bob

We have been playing with these little rifles for better than 100 years now and we still don't understand how they work. bob

Bob,

There is a mechanical device on the bottom side of your rifle and it's commonly called a trigger. If you pull this piece of metal to the rear with your finger, it will fire the rifle most of the time.

Hope this helps.

Landy

Again, again, again, again.
Ideas, theories, and observations/experiences from 2 to 4 years ago being touted as the newly discovered invention of another.
(Sigh)

Testing

After a slow morning of testing and very little progress, me and Murvis went back to the drawing board, well it wasn't actually a drawing board, we went to the local junk yard and retrieved 4 different radio antennas. It's had to find them critters, must be a whole bunch of rimfire guys buying them up, ya think? Anyway, we looked long and hard at Doug's idea and then decided to inter-connect the action screws with one of the radio antennas by drilling a hole in the trigger guard. By doing this we have supplied another path for the internal vibrations from the action to travel rearward toward the cushioned butt-plate device, to be absorbed by the atmospheric conditions---that is if you shoot free-recoil, if not they will travel into the shoulder cushion of the operator---better known as the shooter. Doing this, along with the external connected MD that drags and bounces along the bench once the rifle has operated successfully, we hope, should produce an advance the basic accuracy of the rifle, maybe? Murvis will test as conditions improve. Sure wish the WLM wouldn't skip around and stay on one project at a time till it was complete, us shade-tree Schmidt's are having quite a go of it. Thumper & Murvis

Sensational Idea!

That there is a super idea, especially since you have centered the MD directly over the scope eye piece! Now maybe we can prove or disprove the WLM's basic theory! We only have 2 problems to work out now and that is target placement and talking Murvis Titsbangin into attempting the first proof shot! Murvis says that if we raise the front rest, we may be able to shoot over his right shoulder, uuhha, I don't know. Kinda scary, but Murvis says he's up for it, if I supply the Bud Light. It might be worth the try, sure wish the WLM would join us in the testing, don't know what his position is? There seems to be a lot of unfinished possibilities in his world. But here again, me and Murvis will continue as best we can! Thumper & Murvis

Just a Thought?

After reading and rereading between the lines of what Bill is working on I came up with this.

View attachment 15591
ShevyII,
What you missed is that Bill has a 12 o'clock firing pin and a 6 o'clock!!
The 12 is a PIS (Firing Pin inside a 15 lb Spring)
The 6 is a POS (Firing Pin outside 30 lb Spring)

Since the 12 o'clock has marginal ignition it will only push the bullet just beyond the 180 deg bend in the barrel!
Then the 6 o'clock will hammer home and ignite the rest of the powder!!

(PS Stand off to the Side when Testing!)

Mouthpiece?

Tim,
Don't know about a mouthpiece, but am sure we can affix a cup holder to hold Ale 8! I'll have to do some measuring and some cyphering, but Murvis thinks we can,well,, thinks he can superglue a Dixie paper plate to the underside of the tuner, that way it will be close to the operator's mouth. Man, you talk about multi-tasking, this has just got to be an advancement in accuracy and comfort. All we need now is a Porta-potty attachment for the shooting stool, and there ya go, we have covered intake and exhaust. Murvis & Thumper

Oh man this is so citing, I almost pee peed myself. Hopefully you can take a movie of this. A nice movie, maybe with a guy on a lawnmower in the background........and mumble....ya gotta mumble.

Last edited:
Testing!

Well Fellas, Me and Murvis tested all weekend and can't say much for the results. We got it to the point that we could hit the paper but just couldn't get enough together to even call it a group. Murvis even tried looking thru the tuner instead of the scope, but even that didn't help. Guess this is going down the same path as the rest of the infamous "spearmints" that have never been completed. The riddle is still unsolved and the master is making samiches to soothe the raging crowds who really want him to complete at least one "spearment" for the advancement of, who knows what? "Got cleaning rods"? Murvis and Thumper

Did you try it with the soft go pro mount? If you didn't try it with the soft mount then your butt isn't preloaded while sitting there, or a foot...... maybe your right elbow. Hell, I don't know, something's gotta be preloaded.
My guess is the only thing that got preloaded was a " certain tall, thin, painfully creepy, movie director" got preloaded with peach brandy before he hit the keyboard........ OK gotta go cut more fingers off the gloves. Everybody gets them for the holidays. Gonna do a 9 3/4 minute movie of David Copperfield, mabye 10..... Then I gotta.................o Lordy where did I put that brandy.

Back