Screw removal advice

Sorry to be so very tardy with my response (lots happening). Here's the story. Kroil soak — carefully fitted screw driver — neighbor tapping screwdriver with me turning. Out it comes! Nothing busted. Thanks everyone. As usual, many patient posts from good people, a bit of humor, and a lot learned. Oh, now I can mount my Redfield International sights.

Thanks for the report :)

Seems like a lot of hassle for a simple operation but believe me the tapping part is HUGE! The tapping action is what disengages the binding surfaces.

al

Seems like a lot of hassle Al, just seems like it. Mess it up and then talk about hassle. Good job Enahs.
"This should work" or "I didn't think it would break" has been uttered by people that did not take the task serious enough.
The mill or drill press is a very god one for those objects you cannot hammer or lightly tap on. When breaking loose a seized screw of any size I have NEVER EVER had succes with any type of penetrating fluid, and I have tried countless including the favorites of today. If it is truely stuck due to overtorque or corrosion the penetrating fluid does not penetrate. It does work well after you manage to "break the seal" but not until then, if it did it wasn't really stuck imo, just a little too tight.

Again, good job Enahs. You took it serious and succedded.

there is a miracle in a can name of P B BLASTER most parts stores in my area stock it,i live on a island off the coast of AL .rust and corrosion are part of life and this stuff has been a miracle cure.

Back