Post Office

Bill Gammon

I have been making an effort to go Email on Invoices ect. Reason, just got a Christmas card mailed from MI, (60 miles away) on Dec 18 2013 and got it Jan 17 2014. Now do not misunderstand me, our PO is just as bad if not worse, mailed a Birthday card to my neighbor who lives 10 ft away, took 10 days!!!!!! OH WELL!!!! GOD, how I hate Saturdays in the winter.

Purchased on line 2014 Auto registration. MI Secretary of State.
Ordered on Friday 1600 or so. Got new sticker Monday mail.
It's great how the Republicans run the state government. :)
Tim

No better in Oz

paid for 2day delivery....6 days
priority for a scope...supposedly 2-3 days..10days
both of those were "tracked" with no tracking from day one till actual delivery...still cheap...guess we are getting what we pay for.........
sorta...

The Australian post isn't any better. In some cases worse. In fact I rarely use them now because there is no guarantee the item will even make its destination or if it will be useable when it does arrive. Doesn't seem to matter what distance is involved either. So I use point to pint couriers for short distances and companies like Fed-X for longer distances or overseas.
Andy.

The State of Maine

Just cleared 11K concealed arms permit applications. The State police had ONE person dedicated to the task until our Republican governor, Paul LePage got involved. Cudos to the governor, shame on the career police supposed to serve.

My local USPS is fantastic. Just yesterday 1/18/14 I had already received my mail, I had a package coming from Amazon and tracking claimed it had arrived at our location with the last delivery. Mid afternoon guess who shows up, my delivery lady, she tells me she saw that it came in and being as the Office is closed for MLK day she thought I might like to get it.

How's that for service? Do I complain, NOPE, and I get 99% of my packages in 3 days no matter where in the U.S. they come from. Deliveries from overseas, 7 to 14 days, I'd get them quicker but customs hold them up.

My local USPS is fantastic. Just yesterday 1/18/14 I had already received my mail, I had a package coming from Amazon and tracking claimed it had arrived at our location with the last delivery. Mid afternoon guess who shows up, my delivery lady, she tells me she saw that it came in and being as the Office is closed for MLK day she thought I might like to get it.

How's that for service? Do I complain, NOPE, and I get 99% of my packages in 3 days no matter where in the U.S. they come from. Deliveries from overseas, 7 to 14 days, I'd get them quicker but customs hold them up.

I too, am quite happy with the USPS. Never had a problem in any way. On the receipt is the tracking #. Furthermore, it still remains to be the cheapest way to ship anything, and perhaps the safest as well.
However, all should realise that the days of shipping anything for 7-10 $ are gone. Figure $11.50 for a medium flat rate, and $14.50 for a large flat rate.
Shipping a $60. item with an $11.50 shipping charge is not readily accepted by all, ( and that's with no handling charge or driving to the PO to mail them ! )
I mailed a package to CA. from WI. last week and it was there in two (2) days priority mail.

I would guess they saw the name on the package and contacted the NSA. They probably have things in motion now Bill. You might wanna limit your text's and phone calls. :cool::):eek::p:eek:

Joe Hynes

FEDEX ruined my weekend plans. Package of a .410 SXS was received at Newburgh, NY Sat 6 am, they put an "Exception" on it, and won't get to my FFL until Tues, 35 miles away. I hope some gangbanger in the Newburgh warehouse doesn't think this might be a hot item for sale on the bloody streets of N'burg. I can see it now, an engraved Spanish .410 with 12" barrels.....

In for a big surprise

Obviously you haven't tried getting mail to your location from Oz. The day you do you're in for a big surprise. If in fact it ever arrives. A friend of mine in New Hampshire USA thanked me by e-mail for the Christmas card the family received yesterday. I mailed it on Dec 18th.
Andy.

FEDEX ruined my weekend plans. Package of a .410 SXS was received at Newburgh, NY Sat 6 am, they put an "Exception" on it, and won't get to my FFL until Tues, 35 miles away. I hope some gangbanger in the Newburgh warehouse doesn't think this might be a hot item for sale on the bloody streets of N'burg. I can see it now, an engraved Spanish .410 with 12" barrels.....

Hey, you can't buy that stuff. You don't need it.
Your Police Dept. is going to be really mad at you.
When they can't provide "THE VERY BEST SERVICE THAT A NEW YORK POLICE DEPT." can provide.
You know those chalk lines and plastic bags. And such.

Just to illustrate the mentality of the City idiots buying houses around me: My local POmaster told me a guy came in on Fri., said "I have to go back to the city today, can I get my Saturday mail today??" :cool:
PS: .410 arrived Tues, anybody got a takeoff shotgun rib?? Will mill to fit.
PPS: I hear the NYC police, for the holiday season, was doing chalk outlines in red and green chalk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy,

I can understand your issue with the Australian mail considering it took most of us on the USA Team 3 months to get our permission to bring in our rifles and then most of us did not get our permission from the Customs to exit Australia until we were in the Country 3 days.

Tom

Andy,

I can understand your issue with the Australian mail considering it took most of us on the USA Team 3 months to get our permission to bring in our rifles and then most of us did not get our permission from the Customs to exit Australia until we were in the Country 3 days.

Tom

Tom, Did it really take them that long to realize they didn't want you to stay:)

Tom, Did it really take them that long to realize they didn't want you to stay:)

I think it started when they knew I was on the plane coming into the Country and had it in a holding pattern but it did not have enough fuel for them to turn it around. Then Wayne stuffed me into his gun case, they didn't notice it through customs as you know how heavy those Pelican Cases are.:cool:

I think it started when they knew I was on the plane coming into the Country and had it in a holding pattern but it did not have enough fuel for them to turn it around. Then Wayne stuffed me into his gun case, they didn't notice it through customs as you know how heavy those Pelican Cases are.:cool:

See? That's why your Mom trained you to wear clean underwear when you leave the house....altho she DIDN'T say "with flowers on"

Double Whamy

Andy,

Tom

The trouble you encountered was that you were dealing with two of the most dysfunctional and uncoordinated services in Oz. You were lucky to have received a reply let alone permission before the event took place.

A recent surprise for me was the return of one of my Christmas cards with RTS address unknown. It was sent to a person two post codes away and they have been there at the same address for 15 years. Looks like I will have to resort to couriers on push bikes for local deliveries now as well.
Andy

NO BETTER then some of your politicians wanting to run a long gun registry. GOOD GOD did they not learn from the Canadian registry, which was a "TOTAL" flop, costing billions of dollars which you people don't have, and only for 32 million people involved. Love them Politicians. The only reason a person becomes a Politicians is because they are to lazy, and incompetent to work in the private sector for a living.

Holy Cow, Bill Gammon makes sense. Or said something sensible.
No Bill. They never Learn.
WE had Prohibition in the 20's. Did they learn anything? NO.
Now you want to talk about Communists?
Margret Thatcher said it best...........

Back