Post Office

Address Change:

I went on line about 12-20-13 and paid to temporarily change my mailing address. 3 weeks later, my mail was still going to my home address. I filled out a card with the manager in the PO here. 2 weeks later I went to check and they had no record of me in their system, the clerk said.

My take is the employees are stonewalling some of the work in retribution for USPS allowing Postal Stores in Staples, sans postal employees. I use to be a big fan of USA but after my current situation, not any more! When one makes changes, in person, in writing twiste, never mind the on line deal one has to PAY to use, NO MORE!

When an org looses it's way, like USPS apparently has, how can there be any hope. I predict UPS and FedEx will, ultimately, be the Mail carriers.

Pete

Last edited:
Wow Pete.
That is a sad story.
Back in 2000-03 I moved 3-4 times. Always got my mail.
Now you say you gotta pay to change your address. That is some REAL BS. Man all these years of sticking up for the USPS. gone.
Wonder how the snow birds in AZ and Fl are going to get their mail.....???

I've have almost always had good luck with the USPS, whether it be my shipping a rifle to an FFL dealer out of state, or receiving a package from Amazon or Midway. I really think that fast and dependable service has a lot to do with both points (sending and receiving) being established points on the mail route and having a recognized hub or distribution point that isn't very far off the path. My living in a major hub like Houston always eliminates adventure on the send side of the equation for me.

I think the USPS is great. I can remember only 1 instance where a credit card bill did not show up. 25 yrs ago.
Had some issues with heavy packages. My regular carrier had a bad back. I had to go to the post office to pick them up.
Told the local post master, maybe being close to the holidays he could have a younger, non-injured person deliver all the heavy packages for the holidays. It happened. I am sure all the carriers enjoyed that. And they still do this.....

Not trackable

that does not explain my 2 latest misadventures as both the sender and receiver are on major routes.
i use to work in priority mail....there are NO excuse for priority mail to sit AT A MAJOR HUB for in excess of 24hrs.....

I am not sure if the same applies to usps but in Oz Aust post informed me that priority mail doesn't mean over night it just means they have priority over regular mail which SHOULD result in a shorter delivery time and over night means up to 1 second before a 24 hour period has elapsed from being entered into the system. Neither of them are trackable.

Registered post means someone has to sign for it at the receivers end. No ID check is obtained so anyone other than the person to which it is addressed could sign for it and take it. Still not trackable although if someone at the wrong address signs for it they can tell you where it finished up but cannot retrieve it. You can take out insurance but only to a value of $1,500. If something is sent more valuable than that and it is lost or damaged tough. However there is a waiting period of 3 months before your claim can be processed because it might still turn up. All of the above has happened to me over the last 4 years. Is it any wonder I am reluctant to use them for anything other than greeting cards. I am impressed to see my tax dollar being used so efficiently.
Andy.

I'm buying a rifle from a dealer that is about 110 miles north of me. Sent a MO and my dealers FFL by Priority Mail which left here at 5:00 PM on Wednesday(this week). Checked the tracking number yesterday and it was delivered at 11:29 AM yesterday. That's service!

Tom

Back