OT-How bout them Astros?

Chism G

A never seen before World Champion. This one is good for the Sport Of Baseball and the Fans.

The win was hard and sweet. No Player kneeled during the entire Series. Go Astros.

Glenn

I was glad to see them finally win one. Think they came out in 62 as the Houston Colt .45s and became the Astros around 64-65. So its a long time over due.

Just goes to show what money can buy.
They did praise the lord afterward.
One guy wrapped himself up in the flag after the game.
Well done.

The Astros finally had the big payoff. They built a team through their Farm System, added a couple of bonafide Hall of Famers, and the success was predictable.

Keep in mind, this is not the most glamorous way to build a team. You have to endure a few 100 loss seasons, hoping your fan base will understand. As of last night, the fans do understand.

Now, the job will be to keep it all together. That's when the all mighty dollar will test loyalty. The dollar usually wins.

But for the moment, the Houston Astros are the best team in baseball. They beat the Red Sox, The Yankees, and then The Dodgers to get there. Great Series.

By the way Francis, I think that was a Puerto Rican Flag. But that's ok with me.

Last edited:
We saw two very good baseball teams trying their best. We also saw why baseball is still Amenica's game.

Baseball

So True Jackie and Bill. some of us remember,as kids growing up, the most talked about sport in the US. I had a collection of baseball cards(wish I had kept) that would probably be worth some money today.

Remember the commercial, "Baseball,Apple Pie and Chevrolets." As Archie Bunker used to say,"Those were the days"

Glenn

kneel

Chism , One player kneeled after the game. I saw the MLB channel this morning they said one player kneeled and I thought oh ---- but he porposed to his girlfriend. I think it was the Houston shortstop. One of the Astros. Doug

Chism , One player kneeled after the game. I saw the MLB channel this morning they said one player kneeled and I thought oh ---- but he porposed to his girlfriend. I think it was the Houston shortstop. One of the Astros. Doug
He might have been giving thanks to God for many things but he was not kneeling to protest this country or its' flag. Isn't this a great country?

Yea, He wasn't like the nfl rejects. Baseball fans have kinda got over the strike. I can remember when baseball players were not too popular either. Doug

Doug,I remember also. Just about every professional Sport has had its hated players. Personalities come and go.

the good thing is, Professional Sports will survive. Baseball is as much a part of this society as

,well, Chevrolet’s, Honda’s ,Harley’s, and Remington’s:D

( My quote of the day)

Glenn

Not the killer B’s, but very exciting. I get all pumped up just watching Altuve.

Bill, I remember as a kid going out OST to Fannin and looking at that huge hole they were digging that would become the Astrodome. Since there was just about nothing else out there, it was a big thing.

Remember Jimmy Wynn? They called him the "toy cannon" because of his stature and slim build. He was around 5'9".

If Wynn was the Toy Cannon, I have no idea what Altuve's nickname could be. His profile says 5'6", but that might be an exaggeration by about 2 inches.

He's might be short, but he sure "plays big".

Well, as a lifelong L.A. Dodger fan...

My hat is off to the Houston Astros and their great World Series victory...they out played, out hit and out pitched the Dodgers. I watched every game til the bitter end and was amazed at what a good, young and talented group of players the Astro organization have put together. What made their victory especially rewarding for me was the ass kicking they gave the damn Yankees on their way to the World Series!!!

baseball

Guys, My post sounded kinda negative. Ive always been a big baseball fan, and still am. Bought baseball cards when I was a kid every time I had the money. I think I had a card of Jimmy Wynn and I remember Rusty Staub then the newer Astros like the killer bees Nolan Ryan,Andy Petit they've had some good teams. Finally got the world series. Good job. Doug

Outstanding series and I was real happy not to see the Astros pither being replaced for the last inning he deserved the win as did the entire team and the coaching staff.

JLouis

I'm not a fan, I've never followed MLB but I'm watching this game on youtube and I gotta' say I'm really enjoying Peacock's pitching, dude's a Mo'Chine.....

Back