Gasoline prices.....

Tim, I like how you think. ;) Well, except for the Angelina Jolie part. :eek: But Catherine Bell comes to mind......:cool:

$1.62/gal. here today for E85 in my truck.

Tim

are you implying that all the BR shooters are so full of HOT AIR that they could actually turn a wind turbine:eek::D.......+1 Catherine Bell . I thought Fishermen had that Exclusive Power;);)

Last edited:
It's in the $2.40's in the Florida panhandle today (Sat the 25th). If any of you pay any attention to the futures markets, you'll notice that gas will be priced in the $2.10-$2.20 range in a couple of weeks assuming nothing changes. Of course all the changes recently have been to the down side as the markets bet that economic meltdowns will restrict demand.

As of today, the 25th, gasoline in Duncan, Oklahoma is $2.199 per gallon. This gasoline has no ethanol in it. :):)
Donald

Mike,
What kind if crap have you been listening to! The only real difference that you are going to see is more oxygenated or alcohol in the fuel in High emission areas. You know that there are only a few refineries and all the stations share the same gas.
Check it out.
Butch

butch,
we are just gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. my background prior to nuclear power was the automotive field, degreed, licensed, hands on.
i was also in the gasoline biz for a while. i'll stick with the brand names. there is a diff.
you still out shoot me any day.........

mike in co

Fairly Cheap Here

Unleaded is 2.74 right now in Cloudcroft, NM. I consider that very competitive for a small town of about 700 people at 8600 ft elevation. That's a long way to haul fuel to a tourist town, and towns like this normally price galge.

Michael

Morning gang...

$1.95 & sill seems to be dropping??

I can't tell any diff. in the quality of fuel?? Just pump the same ole 87 we always do. Have a 99 tahoe and an 05 suburban.

pf
<><

My car requires 92 or greater, yesterday 93 was 2.99/gallon. Regular (87) was 2.79 here in Central Pennsylvania. (Exxon)

Both of these have labels on the pump and say they have ethanol in them. At this time, I'm getting roughly 50-60 less miles per tankful than I have gotten in the past. I assume it's the fuel since the car is running just fine.

Mike,
I doubt that I will out shoot you, but yeah, we will have to disagree. My wife's Uncle owned a pretty large gasoline distributorship. He wholesaled to all of the different brand stations. Only difference was octane. Some of the distributors can add certain additives. The large metropolitan areas in Texas have 10% ethanol. You get better fuel economy from the rural stations. I drive 45,000 miles a year and my wife 12,000. I have 221,000 miles on one of mine, 105, 000 on another and 95,000 on my wife's. We do change fuel filters every 15,000 and have had no fuel related problems.
Butch

Pick your poison

Dear Al, Angelina Jolie, Catherine Bell, Janet Reno; take your pick of all the babes. If you are a benchrest shooter they will be yours. Tim

Filled up for $2.02 tonight is Oklahoma. I am thinking about buying a 2000 fuel tank and putting it behind my shop. I never would have dreamed about $1 something gas 3 months ago.... tiny

Mike,
I doubt that I will out shoot you, but yeah, we will have to disagree. My wife's Uncle owned a pretty large gasoline distributorship. He wholesaled to all of the different brand stations. Only difference was octane. Some of the distributors can add certain additives. The large metropolitan areas in Texas have 10% ethanol. You get better fuel economy from the rural stations. I drive 45,000 miles a year and my wife 12,000. I have 221,000 miles on one of mine, 105, 000 on another and 95,000 on my wife's. We do change fuel filters every 15,000 and have had no fuel related problems.
Butch

want a laugh ?
i have three cars.
the sundace that was doing 2000 miles a yr when i bought it, now at 40k, a 2001 saab 9-5 wagon....40 k when i bought it a 1 1/2 ago,,,now 70 k, premium only 30 plus on the freeway.( its the work truck for my brass business)
and.....
i own a 1970 vw camper.......yes the lovely 4 cyl flat four( for u pilots)....i build my own engines..they do about 100 k ber build. reg gas about 20 mpg.
474,000 miles ( i have owned since 1977. 60 k on it when i bought). its retired. but in my drive way.
mike
in
co

Saw gas @ $1.92 just now.

want a laugh ?
i have three cars.
the sundace that was doing 2000 miles a yr when i bought it, now at 40k, a 2001 saab 9-5 wagon....40 k when i bought it a 1 1/2 ago,,,now 70 k, premium only 30 plus on the freeway.( its the work truck for my brass business)
and.....
i own a 1970 vw camper.......yes the lovely 4 cyl flat four( for u pilots)....i build my own engines..they do about 100 k ber build. reg gas about 20 mpg.
474,000 miles ( i have owned since 1977. 60 k on it when i bought). its retired. but in my drive way.
mike
in
co

My 99 Tahoe has 136,000 original miles and was the last year of the 350. Solid engine /drive tain 4WD, but everything else starting to show it's age.

Upper / lower ball joints, auto door locks and windows going out, one of the front door handles broke so you can only open it from the outside. About time for new rubber too. Gotta throw some $$$$ at it but better than making payments......for now.

I really need a new truck some day.....I wonder if they are going to produce that 150/1500 small diesel?? I loved the size of the 250 but too big for the garage and getting lazy hauling stuff inside to keep from getting stolen by a smash & grab.

pf
<><

I personally prefer - -

Dodge Mini Vans. I have had 3 of them and can't find a more comfortable vehicle to drive, ride in and haul my shootin stuff & Buddies. I have a 2000 with 187,000 on it now and it still works as good as it did when I bought it nearly 4 ago with 101,000 on it. The only problem is the 20 MPG. I am considering a Winter Walkabout this coming year and am torn between the Van and my 2000 Focus Wagon. I bought the Focus early in the summer to take the bite out of the Gas prices. Yeah , Yeah, I know but it is an OK vehicle, even if it is an "Extra".

Both vehicles work exceptionally well for their age and I don't hesitate to drive either on the Walkabout. The Van is far more comfortable on the road. I am seriously considering giving up the extry 13 MPG for the comfort. Never see an Armored Car in a Funeral procession, aye?

Last edited:
Filled my tank this morning at an M&H Station in Williston, ND with regular unleaded with 10% ethanol at $2.499 a gallon. That's somewhere around 85 or 90 cents less per gallon than about a month ago!!!!!

10% Ethanol

Paul:
Is it the 10% Ethanol Blend? We're finding some of that here in SA, that's cheaper, but doesn't give as good a mileage. Walmart/Sams & Costco are starting to sell it, but you never know from one day to the next, what you are pumping.

Buy yourself a diesel and burn french fry cooking oil from McDonalds in it, only problem is all the fat girls chase ya every where you drive :eek:

Back