Best carbon cleaner?

Al, This what i do, 4 wet patches, 3 passes out the barrel with a brush and i remove it at the muzzle two more wet ones and a dry one. Then i use a 1816 arrow shaft turned to .001 under my neck diameter and insert it and remove any carbon in front of the chamber. I have a nylon brush on a short rod i wrap a patch around and i put a 50/50 mix of hoppys and Kroil and wipe it out then i use the same mix down the barrel, clean the brake and muzzle. when i'm ready to shoot i run a smaller diameter patch down to leave a film on the clean the barrel. Every once in awhile i use Iosso mainly in the throat area. Last years barrels look really good very very sight fire cracking slight rounding of the lands and they were shiny the last groups out of the one was 2.1" 50 and the other was 4.1"100 @ 1000 yds. re crowned and back on for this year….. but they were frozen………jim

don't know al.
but
i only use tec to clean carbon in bbls, where it works wonders.
i use steel wool or never dull on cases..when cleaned by hand...

burnt powder coating material ?? graphite ?? really never used a carbon cleaner on cases..

I've never had a problem of any sort with carbon buildup in barrels. My cleaning regimen takes care of that easily, always has. If borescoping shows the beginning of a ring in the gapspace or streaks in the grooves another swabbing with old BBS or the new Montana Extreme wipes it away...what I want is something that wipes the carbon off cases.

al,

I've been using Subaru injector cleaner. The quicker you get around to it, the easier it comes off.

I wet a patch on an old towel, grab the case with it & twist it one, two, three - probably two full turns. I get the neck usefully clean & can remove all of the carbon dust from most of the ret of a case.

John

al,

I've been using Subaru injector cleaner. The quicker you get around to it, the easier it comes off.

I wet a patch on an old towel, grab the case with it & twist it one, two, three - probably two full turns. I get the neck usefully clean & can remove all of the carbon dust from most of the ret of a case.

John[/QUOTE

I will try this :)

If you're just looking to get rid of carbon on Brakes or choke tubes try CLR but only for about five or ten minutes because it will stain. Wash off as soon as possible. Even works on rust!

Joe Salt

Back