World Rimfire Benchrest Championships 2008

DJ,

The way they are doing it seems to be the same in smallbore and 300m world champs.
I would of liked to of seen an overall champion in individual and teams too.

You don’t need to answer this. Are you bringing a Calfee Spec rifle??
It would be worth a lot more if you win 10.5 and I run 2nd using it.
It would prove any fool could shot it. :D

I get in Saturday too, see you then.
Enjoy the get lag.

Peter

RE: Peter's Last

I know what DJ bringing since he just sent his forms to me, but I'm not telling you hahahahah!!!!!:p:p:p

Your just have to wait and see.

Andy

Andy,

I've got a question about those forms for getting into Italy.
Where it says tipo(type) does that mean brand of the gun of do we put rifle or air rifle??

You might have DJ's details but do you know what it means??:eek:

Peter

RE: Peter's Last

Hya Mate, were it typo you need to put the make of rifle like: Anschutz then the serial number and then calibre. Dont forget you can only take 1,000rnds with you.

I am tallying up all this help I'm giving out, I should be able to drink Coca Cola for the whole week without paying for it:cool:

As to DJ paperwork NO :D

PS: we have gone over the 5,000 mark of hits on this thread!!!

Andy

4 days to go!

I have a feeling this is really going to be a fun week of shooting , remember this is Team Calfee coming over. Look forward to seeing Peter and Andy and all the rest of the guys. I wish we had space to bring one of the little XPs with us, I would love for you guys to see and shoot Bill's handiwork. Maybe we will bring one to Austrailia next year. See you Saturday!! Craig

Hi Craig

Hya Mate, we are still waiting for Team USA to post names of who is coming, come on dont be shy Team Poms & Aussies have!!!

Have a safe trip mate,

Andy

Ok here ya go!!

DJ Hepler
Craig Young
David Kinnemmer

And YES SPEC 13 will be with me!!

I have a feeling this is really going to be a fun week of shooting , remember this is Team Calfee coming over. Look forward to seeing Peter and Andy and all the rest of the guys. I wish we had space to bring one of the little XPs with us, I would love for you guys to see and shoot Bill's handiwork. Maybe we will bring one to Austrailia next year. See you Saturday!! Craig

Craig,
Are you guys thinking of coming down to the deep deep south next year??

Peter

My Rifle

Thought i would share with you what I am bringing

Its a Anschutz's 1913 selected barrel with a Cicognani Stock and a Nikko Stirling 10x50x60 scope

DSCN0727.jpg

DSCN0729.jpg

Friend Peter Armstrong

Friend Peter:

I quote from you, my friend:

'You don’t need to answer this. Are you bringing a Calfee Spec rifle??
It would prove any fool could shot it.'

My dear friends around the world, including my friend Peter Armstrong:

I simply don't know how to respond.....the games haven't even begun, and we already learn that, if DJ won the thing, he would be just like any "fool"...cause any "fool" can win with a Calfee SPEC rifle! My God, my world wide friends.....who are you folks?

Your friend? Bill Calfee

Re-Bill

So what we can say is that DJ doesnt have any pressure on him since he is using one of Bill's Rifles. DJ you got so much work to do I would get down to the range soon as you get off the plane, your going to need it as i believe you have got to beat over 150 of the worlds best shooters. Infact i would setup your bed down there, no pressure mate!!!;)

Andy

Friend Peter:

I quote from you, my friend:

'You don’t need to answer this. Are you bringing a Calfee Spec rifle??
It would prove any fool could shot it.'

My dear friends around the world, including my friend Peter Armstrong:

I simply don't know how to respond.....the games haven't even begun, and we already learn that, if DJ won the thing, he would be just like any "fool"...cause any "fool" can win with a Calfee SPEC rifle! My God, my world wide friends.....who are you folks?

Your friend? Bill Calfee

Bill,

If DJ let me shoot the Spec rifle, I would have been the fool.
And I still happily volunteer to be that fool.

Peter

Meeting with 2 great Aussies

Peter, I had the great privledge of meeting 2 of your fellow countrymen, Tony Lush and Lorrie Riordan from Victoria, Tony offered me to stay with him if we came to the Aus. Nationals. If that is even close to the range where they are held. I would love to come down, I might talk DJ into coming . He is the one that started the Aus. Nat. talk last year.

Equipment & Photo

Since Andy & DJ have been kind enough to give us an insight into their equipment, here is a photo of me & my gun. Before you open it you should be advised that Peter Armstrong did warn you all I am short & hairy ;)

Bill Collaros
Australian Team Captain

Me & My Gun.jpg

Re-Bill

Bill, Blimy mate put some cloths on your going to scare the wildlife away!!!:D

Andy

Taxi From Airport

For anyone that does not have transport arrange and is looking to get a taxi to take them from theAirport - Hotel, you need to be aware of prices that should be fixed under the new legislation in Milan. if you are travelling from Linate Airport you should not pay more than 40 euro and if you are travelling from Malpensa Airport you should not pay more than 70 euro.
Last yeatr Milan had problems with non license taxi drivers and this is ment to of been fixed, but if you are concerned it is wise to book your taxi through your hotel.

Andy

Andy,

I always thought it was bloody expensive getting a taxi from London to Heathrow.
The taxi from Malpensa to Milan is more than the London cabs cost and no where near as far to travel.

Be the time Team USA get to Malpensa and the taxi I’ve arranged take’s them to Rome, the meter should have clocked up a few euros.

Peter

nominative shooters from Czech republic :

Ladislav Ninger
Stanislav Vrestiak
Roman Chlumský
Jindra Chlumský (J)
Jan Fokt :D
Josef Havelka
Radko Beránek
Miroslav Hošek
Jiří Jiráček
Aleš Grznar
Jaroslav Buršík
Pavel Cink
Jiří Urban ( may not ) :( he was second in class unlimitit last year in European championship

good shooting,

Fokt Jan

Back