World Rimfire Benchrest Championships 2008

Congratulations to all the US and Aussie Shooters.
Joy you have done the Girls proud.
Congratulations to Bill Calfee.Bill I have read about some of the stuff you eat Mate you would love Vegemite

Vegemite

So is this anything like Lucys VITAMEATAVEGAMIN?

Charlie

Is it just me or is anyone else going a little crazy waiting for the 10 1/2 lb results??

Chaulk up another for TEAM USA

It looks like Team USA will be taking gold in 10.5 or LV. David called today and gave me the individual Team USA scores.

DJ finished 2nd
250-4
249-9
247-8

David 3rd
248-7
247-9
249-11

Craig 10th
246-8
248-6
243-5

From what I hear DJ let one of his new aussie friends borrow his rifle and that fellow one the individual agg. Dave is pretty sure that the Team USA scores will win gold!

I don't know if you boys will read this before you shoot tomorrow, but Cowboy the F up and don't let them aussie's beat you.

I don't know if you boys will read this before you shoot tomorrow, but Cowboy the F up and don't let them aussie's beat you.

Danny,
The Australians were not the problem today.
When I left the range DJ had posted a 747 but its not clear if he had won.
Team USA was in a lot of trouble early and Craig switched over to Spec 13 for the last target and maybe did enough.

Peter

GREAT NEWS FOR USA; Unlimited 50 Meter

DJ came 1st
David came 2nd
Craig not so good
Aussies not so good

Congratulations to our new friends from the US of A

Bill Collaros
Australian Team Captain

Peter, what was Craig shooting before he switched to Spec 13..?

Steve,
Craig was shooting Cocky, Stumps old rifle.

Peter

It's 9:00 pm here and 3:00 Am in Italy

I guess they are still scoring targets.
Bob Collins

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob,

It all over in Italy and everyone went out for a feed and a few drinks (some more than others) last night its 10 am here and no one has seen team USA this morning.

USA won the teams in unlimited. Off the top of my head I think USA won 5 of the 6 rimfire teams matches and 4 of the 6 individual gold medals.

They start handing the medals out soon, so I need to off to pick up my gold, 10.5lbs 50m :eek::D:D:D:D:eek::D

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Team USA done good

Just got back from Italy (some of us have to go to work tomorrow) - just wanted to say it was a pleasure seeing the team shoot, unquestionably some fine rifles but that takes nothing away from their shooting ability which was a pleasure to see in the flesh. The guys were always free with their advice and never seemed to get annoyed by the constant barrage of questions (usually from me). Well done.

p.s. Craig, don't forget to look into shipping some Shilen barrels to the UK ;)

Brian

Erratum

Results in my prior post are for 2007 ... the site has not yet posted the 2008 results.

Grapevine says USA Teams did extremely well. Hopefully the site will be updated with the complete 2008 results shortly. Doug Miller

Sorry about that Butch

Butch ... sorry about the errant post ... hoping the results will be updated at the site shortly ... we'll wait and see. Best wishes and apologies, Doug

World Rimfire Does not have the 2008 Results yet!
With a little luck someone will email me the excel file and I will post them for all to see.

Back