Wisconsin gunsmith..

F

Foxtrotoscar

Somewhere, somewhere, I have the contact data/web site for a gun shop over in Wisc somewhere, some small town, that does action truing, etc., not just some key cutter sharing space with a barber shop, but someone that actually knows what he's doing. This time I swear I'll add it to my list of favorites.

TYIA.....

Found it.........

Center Shot Rifles, Pittsville, Wisconsin...

Any one have any experience with these people?

It might be Center Shot Rifles in Pittsville Wi.

There is a fella that posts on these boards under JimS or something like that. I have spoken with him on the phone on a number of occasions and he was extremely helpful in helping me diagnose what turned out to be a non-issue.

If you punch up www.centershotrifles.com it will come right up.

Hope this helps.

Jamie

Randy Gregory built a 700 .223 with a Kreiger barrel for me that shoots tiny groups. I was recommended to him and I could not be more satisfied. Funny thing is, I have never heard his name mentioned on any shooting forum and I've been trolling them since the 90's. John.

Jim at Center Shot Rifles is probably who you're thinking of. Just last weekend the winner in F-class (open class I think) won with a rifle barreled by him. He does good work.

Randy Gregory is another one up in Medford, WI. He's pretty well known in the Palma and High Power circles as he's a hell of a shot and just won one of the Palma matches at Lodi two weeks ago. He also does good work.

Last edited:
msalm;517089 Randy Gregory is another one up in Medford said:
+1 for Randy Gregory. Excellent work and an excellent shot. He does more than just target rifles. He was rebarrelling a couple of hunting rifles when I picked up my 240NMC XTC rifle a few years ago. He was heavily involved (or was the primary) with the development of the 240NMC which is basically a 6xc with a 28 degree shoulder and a bit more capacity. Here is his website.

http://www.accuracyunlimited.com/

I believe he is or will be making cut rifled barrels on a limited basis. Not sure where that project is for him, but when I spoke to him at Lodi in the spring, it was still on.

Fox, there is no people, just me. I'm at the shop from 8-5 m-f. Unless I'm doing test fires or such. Call any time, I miss the phone when equipment is running, but you will catch me most times, or I will return your message.

Jim See

Any relation to the Sees of White Bear, Minn.?

I might just drift down to your shop some day.......drop in-promise I won't bother you-okay?

No relation in White Bear.

If you stop in during my open store hours W-F 1;00-4;30 great. Any other time call first and I will open the doors and let you in. Lately I've been in the shop Mon.-Sat.
Jim

Back