Wind, wind and more wind

Word of advice, if you are going to get a laser get the green one it shows up in the bright sun when the red ones are very hard to see.I have been using a laser ever since I started shooting it makes setting your flags the exact same every time very easy and much quicker than a line.Also nobody trips up or gets tangled on a laser:)

Just don't try to eye ball your flags to a laser level. You'll only ever do it twice.

Jeff, ...... I went to Amazon and it came up with about four pages of green lasers, all different prices and all different reviews good and bad. Could you share which model/brand you use? thanks, Douglas

HI Jeff,

Thanks for the laser info, photos, and links. I bet there will be a few more lasers at next years matchs.

Al

Had this morning on my home range today as I was held up with work due to the contractors not completing because of equipment failure. The fact that they broke the machine friday afternoon but waited till Monday morning before telling anyone and calling the repair engineer out sure didn't help the project any.

To say it was tough trying to build a score would be under playing the truth. Gray overcast conditions and a twitchy wind wasn't helped by very light rain. You know that stuff thats more than a mist but less than drizzle . You don't see it or feel it falling but its wet.

Anyway my question is. Is the bullet effected by the mizzel for the want of a better description for the wet conditions?

I have found that those conditions are the best for score as long as you have tails that don't get droopy...

That might have been why I struggled this morning along with the very twitchy breeze. I usually use SoC barrier tape. But had used up my last reel and was using some binder tape that I had in the truck which thinking about had potentially greater moisture absorption.

You live and learn!

Does the high moisture content in the air not affect the bullet though?

Back