Wind flag storage case

F

fishbone

Some time back someone asked about storage methods for flags. I promised to post pics of what I would come up with for my new flags..

I found a nice box at Home Depo. It uses one latch handle in the front center for 'one hand' operation....I like that. Slam it shut, and it's latched. I like that too.
Using card board I fashioned a mock up of the dividers, fussing with them until a good fit was found. The cardboard served as a template on 3/4 ply. A block on the box floor at each end serves to elevate the ball on the flag allowing the flag to be level, end to end. The blocks and dividers are held in place with pan head screws. The flags can move fore and aft by 1/2" and vertical an inch, tops. The bottom of the slots supporting the vane have a small block of foam to prevent dinging. Now if I can keep from shooting holes in them, I'll be in good shape.

http://s303.beta.photobucket.com/user/rag_18/library/Range flags

Unable to view photos of wind flag storage case

I get a 'the album is Private' message when I follow this link. Same result when I'm signed into PhotoBucket.
I'd sure like to see a working design.

I don't remember what that box looked like but I will try to attach some pics of my solution and some that have been done by other guys as well. Rick

Attachments

• box 2 s.jpg
    box 2 s.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 806
  • PICT0294.jpg
    PICT0294.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 801
  • tool bx flags front s.jpg
    tool bx flags front s.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 712
  • Tool box Flags 015.jpg
    Tool box Flags 015.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 938
  • block s.jpg
    block s.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 682
Rick, That's a nice precision cut block. That I believe is the key to the whole setup. The container is just icing. Art

If you have dbl vane wind flags

If you have the room, and the strength to load it in your truck, here is my design for dbl vane wind flags. I hate breaking them down, so I made a box to store them in while still assembled. I have two side chambers for storage. I keep my weighted balls in metal tennis cans in the smaller area, and the stands with stakes and rubber mallet in the bigger area.

tn_1200_Box_4.JPG.jpg

tn_1200_Box_3.JPG.jpg

All I have seen are for six or less flags. What about 30-36 flags, daisy's and poles? I have it figured out for the flags and poles, the daisy's is where the problem lays.

Hovis

All I have seen are for six or less flags. What about 30-36 flags, daisy's and poles? I have it figured out for the flags and poles, the daisy's is where the problem lays.

Hovis

I agree, Kevin. I could carry six of my flags in a good sized padded envelop, but not the pinwheels...and I prefer a daisy/pinwheel style flag. Here's what I use. It's effective and I can carry six flags and six poles downrange, all in one hand. I could make dividers, but find them unnecessary with my flags. The way a flag works is paramount, but transport is also a factor with all we have to carry to matches. I do like the poles being on the case. It works nicely while setting them.--Mike
http://www.ezellcustomrifles.com/home-3/windflags/

br549501_zpsa3a54744.jpg

greencase.jpg

Last edited:

Hovis

Hovis, here is a pic of one solution for the guys that like the big yellow daisies. There is a rod going through the middle of the box with a hitch pin to secure it. You pull the hitch pin then pull the rod out and it leaves the daisies laying in the box for set up. Then you just slide them back on the rod in the box when you take them down.

Attachments

• daisy box open.jpg
    daisy box open.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 574
  • daisy rod end 2.jpg
    daisy rod end 2.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 468
  • daisy rod knob.jpg
    daisy rod knob.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 462
I use the same type tote for daisys but just stack em in as best I can. the totes like that at walmart are approaching $5

Back