Which Scope for Benchrest Under 500.00

//outdoors.natchezss.com/bestsellers/Weaver-46x[/URL][/QUOTE]

Concerned; I have one of these. I bought it for rimfire benchrest. It won't focus at 50 yards. Beyond 75 or so, its a great scope for the money. It is currently on a 6BR. I am pleased with it.

//outdoors.natchezss.com/bestsellers/Weaver-46x[/URL]

Concerned; I have one of these. I bought it for rimfire benchrest. It won't focus at 50 yards. Beyond 75 or so, its a great scope for the money. It is currently on a 6BR. I am pleased with it.[/QUOTE]

It most certainly will, and a fair bit shorter. I'd guess you have eyepiece /reticle adjustment improperly set, or you have one with a problem.

Concerned; I have one of these. I bought it for rimfire benchrest. It won't focus at 50 yards. Beyond 75 or so, its a great scope for the money. It is currently on a 6BR. I am pleased with it.

It most certainly will, and a fair bit shorter. I'd guess you have eyepiece /reticle adjustment improperly set, or you have one with a problem.[/QUOTE]

Its the scope. I put it on a "dog" gun. It performs admirably at 100 and beyond. Not bad mouthing the scope. Just pointing out a possible inadequacy. I would purchase another when one is needed .

//outdoors.natchezss.com/bestsellers/Weaver-46x[/URL]

Concerned; I have one of these. I bought it for rimfire benchrest. It won't focus at 50 yards. Beyond 75 or so, its a great scope for the money. It is currently on a 6BR. I am pleased with it.[/QUOTE]

I’ve heard others complain of the same problem. One in particular, who knows what he’s doing adjusting a scope, had the same issue. Plus Weavers service is spotty at best, warranty doesn’t transfer.

Considering

Weaver is no more, the Sightron looks good. I have one of the 36's and some 6X and have always had good rusults from them.

Pete

Weaver is gone.

Weaver is no more, the Sightron looks good. I have one of the 36's and some 6X and have always had good rusults from them.

Pete

A shooting sent a T-36 in for a repair. Bushnell replaced it with a far inferior scope. Love my T-36 scopes, but when they break, they will be gone. I also have some Sightron S II 36x scopes. IMO, very comparable to the T-36. I recommend you look at them. YMMV

Here's the thing...scopes at $500 or less will either be rock solid or drift a bit. Finding one that's rock solid is not a problem but you may have to go through a couple or three. A scope that drifts doesn't drift far but is useless for Benchrest shooting. Just fine for other things but not for Benchrest.

I have often heard

one should pay as much for their scope as they have for their rifle. It isn't a bad theory.

Pete

I’ve heard others complain of the same problem. One in particular, who knows what he’s doing adjusting a scope, had the same issue. Plus Weavers service is spotty at best, warranty doesn’t transfer.[/QUOTE]

And now Weavers are no longer being made and any repair sent in will be replaced w/ a Bushnell (if I remember corectly).

Back