Where is the powder?

Any new news on the new powder? LT32?

Mark, you need to try It's "slightly slower twin"...Canadian AA2015... Just the performance through a measurer is worth the purchase... Ohh.. SHOOTS too....

Eventually the LT32 version will be "out there"... Could be well into 2013...?.. Outta Westerns hands... Government red tape.... What ya gonna do...?!?...:(
cale

ohh i heard the same thing....so i tmust be true.....

just they did not say march of what year.....

mike in co
I heard not until March. You know how that is though!!! Bench talk Rumor!!! Lee

Who did you order it from.

The following is an email I got from Keith Anderson at Ramshot/Weestern (and I got it in June 2012)'

Jerry,

Any powder that was packaged in 2009 thru 2012 is the General Dynamics 2015. There have been five lots and all lots have been very close to one another in burn rate except lot one(1) which was hot and is closer to LT-32.

The D.O.T. has been a nightmare in giving us our shipping approvals. The current administration has replaced all of the people we used to deal with and getting shipping approvals is taking considerably longer than we have ever seen. I don't know what is going on there. I don't see LT-32 shipping approvals happening for several more months.

I can't sell the powder direct buy anything that is order through Midway USA is shipped directly from the Western Powders facility. Any dealer can order powder direct from us. If you have a local dealer that will order for you they can just call Western Powders and ask for Sherri.

I hope this helps.

Keith

BTW, Hodgdon will have another PPC powder in the next few months also.

BTW, Hodgdon will have another PPC powder in the next few months also.

Thanks for the info Jerry... Boy... Wonder if Hodgdon's next powder (probably made by ADI) can match the kernal size that Western AA2015/LT32 is producing...?... That's a pretty important part of the equation, itty bitty short length and itty bitty small diams that are VERY consistent..

cale

bingo....well along with the velocity we need/want, the ability to meter CONSISTANTLY is what OEM 8208 has had over all the wantabe's....

mike in co
Thanks for the info Jerry... Boy... Wonder if Hodgdon's next powder (probably made by ADI) can match the kernal size that Western AA2015/LT32 is producing...?... That's a pretty important part of the equation, itty bitty short length and itty bitty small diams that are VERY consistent..

cale

I have 32# of lot 09 -1 and 8# of 09-3. Lot 1 chrono's arround 3300 in my Borden and close to that in my Panda. Lot 3 takes 29.3 to give the same reading. 29.7 gives arround 3330. I will try 30.0 next and that fills the neck up a little more than I like using a 6" drop poured slowly

I have 32# of lot 09 -1 and 8# of 09-3. Lot 1 chrono's arround 3300 in my Borden and close to that in my Panda. Lot 3 takes 29.3 to give the same reading. 29.7 gives around 3330. I will try 30.0 next and that fills the neck up a little more than I like using a 6" drop poured slowly
Jerry, what I get from Keith at Western, the #1 lot is closer to the LT32 product that is setting in Miles City, MT waiting the USDOT.

Edit-PS I spell the word Southerin!! Leastways wise that is how Brother Dave Gardner says it is.

Last edited:
So what would be the lot# on the canister for this?

As I understand it, Lot #3 is what Ramshot/Western will use as their benchmark standard for their 2015 product. I have shot it and it is a bit slow for the 6PPC and 65-68 grain bullets, IMO. Lot #1 is the fastest lot so far of the Canadian powder and is closest to what they want the production LT32 product to be. Western 2015 and Western LT32 are to be two different products. That is why it is taking so long to get the LT32 approved by USDOT. Approval already exists for a product labeled 2015.

Hodgdon had this same delay when they introduced IMR 8208XBR. Had Hodgdon shipped that powder as, say H322, or H335, etc., they wouldn't have to have gone through the govmint' BS!!

I shot a 50/50 mix of Lot #3 and RL-10X at the recent IBS Nationals. It was stable and kept velocity in the range I like it (3325-3350) but I shot terrible. Not the load or guns fault because on most groups the first 3 shots would be a dot.

Jerry, As Bro Dave----

Jerry, what I get from Keith at Western, the #1 lot is closer to the LT32 product that is setting in Miles City, MT waiting the USDOT.

Edit-PS I spell the word Southerin!! Leastways wise that is how Brother Dave Gardner says it is.
---would probally say "being southerin isnt necessarily a southron

I have 32# of lot 09 -1 and 8# of 09-3. Lot 1 chrono's arround 3300 in my Borden and close to that in my Panda. Lot 3 takes 29.3 to give the same reading. 29.7 gives arround 3330. I will try 30.0 next and that fills the neck up a little more than I like using a 6" drop poured slowly

Jerry, how many grains does lot 1 take to get 3300?

Thanks Jerry. Wow, about a full grain difference between the lots. That's pretty significant but good to hear that the real LT32 is more like lot 1 than 3.

I have been told lot 1 is like gold and very hard to find. if not all gone.. good thing i have 8lbs of lot 1 ready for the spring.. it really shoots so good in my 22" LV kreiger that i think if i dont loose my head i could possibly win a match..I also have 8lbs of lot 4, ah it shoots ok but is much slower @100 FPS slower..since seems everyone knows anyway and i never told..lol someone at western powders said once the new powder becomes avaviable i could buy a powder that duplicates lot 1. all i can really say is wow! I have never shot anything that tunes so easy. In my rifle it seems to shoot from 28.0gr all the way to 29.5gr. only difference is the velocity..does that sound faimular..but this stuff actually does it.lol

Back