What rear entery action wrench for nesika bay J action

He said "rear entry" :eek:

sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
matchman,
I had one about 6 years ago, unless something has changed it uses the same action wrench that you would use for a Stolle-Panda .Should be available through Sinclair's etc.
Joel

Yo Match,

Rearside ROCKS!!!!!

Rear entry is definitely worth the wait..... a hassle to get set up but worth it in the end. As long as you get a good one.

There are quite a bunch of suppliers but I think no "bulk" suppliers, they're all made by the various gunsmithing houses. I've got the straight and the offset. both work as long as you've got a sliding T-bar handle....... I'm anal about being able to smoothly work it nice and hard but NOT touch the sides or at least not put side-pressure on the action rails.

This thread has some pix what I mean by "straight"...... http://www.benchrest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60117&highlight=dennis+wrench ........I also feel that the sliding bar is absolutely essential. With the bar you can get right over the fulcrum and push-pull for a smooth breakout. I often don't even pull my scope.

I've got wrenches by Time Precision, BAT and Borden's Accuracy and they're all supplied by the makers.

Here are some suppliers but you'll have to call them for details. Kelbly makes one for 60bucks http://www.kelbly.com/price/prices09.jpg and Kinnemans and Bruno's have carried them....( Kinneman's is down but here's the phone # (307) 455-2436 ) and Bruno's is http://www.brunoshooters.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=BSS

Call and ask for specifics, dimensions. I have two Nesika's but they're both "TPE's" so I'm not sure about the "J". Jim Borden would know.... the wrench for the Nesika's is same as Remington 700 as far as I can tell. I use it for both.

Shucks, I'm just no help at all :eek: Sorry..... but any way. Don't settle for anything else, it's rear entry all the way. :) Everything else sucks.

And wait for a STIFF one..... Don't try to cobble something up using automotive extensions or such. STIFF rules, it's just brutal to be wrapped up in a tight one that's wound up like an overload REO drivetrain..... when she pops you'll wonder if you've got fingers and nads left. BTDT, get a stiff one. Dennis Sorensen made one out of a truck axle. Maybe he'll post pix. If you can get one with a 1/2" square drive end, you can get a nice sliding bar handle at Sears....

al

The problem was Bruno's listed a Davidson part # DW-13 that was no longer available.
I called Nesika Bay Tec. service They told me a Rem. 700 wrench will work fine.
Sinclair's told me a Panda wrench will work fine. I ended up going with Sinclairs.
This sure makes me nervous .... I hate to bogger up this receiver...
Thanks For the replies!!
Adam

measure things..

why dont you measure the thickness and width of your bolt lugs (Nesika) and compare them to Rem. dims....???... a Panda wrench will go/work in a Rem action but not visa/versa....sooo if they say a Rem will work ,,then ,, a Panda will but be loose....Roger

The only difference between a Panda and remington wrench is a small groove milled in the lug area of the wrench for the remington. Buy the remington and it will fit both and others. Same lug width.

Hovis

Back