What are some after chamber checks and proceedures you do?

blarson,

I don't ......understand anything ........that's .....being....... said here.......

"Name Calling???"

As most here know, I'm Al Matson, 20211 NE Yacolt Mtn Rd, Yacolt WA 98675...... that's "Al in WA" because I'm Al and live in Washington.
And none of my reamers cut on only one flute

I'm so sorry this fires you all up!

You want a Google Earth link?? I've posted in on the board several times, try the search func.

Meantime, life may be less stressful for you if you post about what you've actually DONE

As opposed to your guesses....

Maybe actually TRY a different setup instead of calling out others for stuff you've never done :)

I know enough not to post my opinions if they're based only on speculation and I sure won't call "BS" on something I've never done!

al (in wa)

Ohh, and BTW...... no, honing won't help a bad setup ;)

In My Experience

You apology misses the point......
Why then do you call people names.....????.... DUDE is not my name............
picture this Alan..... a man has been in the cement business for 30 yrs..... done well at it...... another fellow is a car salesman gonna pour his own foundations and walls...... when the cement man gives advice...the car salesman corrects him at every piece of advice......and tells him how to do it..... sound filmilar...???
Now my statement was one sentence pertaining to a reamer cutting mostly on one flute.... you interjected adding reamer mfg. and set-ups.....and calling people dude.....
that`s a poor way to discuss a subject.....
Now I haven't counted my reamers lately.... don`t know how that relates to smithing...but I`ll guess the number at 30+....
Probably from at least 4 different mfgs...never had one that started life cutting evenly on all flutes....

Now..... Alan..... how do you determine which flute to hone...???.... maybe the one that`s loaded with chips...carrying most of the work load....
bill larson

Last edited:
Back