West Central Florida ARA Match Results

It's Heck getting older.

... I always have had trouble with names, but the older I get the better the CRS becomes. Numbers run through my head incessantly, but when names are brought up, it is like a blank sheet of paper. No wonder I didn't become a salesman.

Chuck Lama walks up to me on Saturday at our centerfire match at WWCCA and admonishes me for stating that I don't know him. I've been talking back and forth with Chuck at WWCCA for years. We had been comparing rimfire and centerfire notes for quite a while and I credit him for peaking my interest in rimfire at the range.

I just didn't remember his name. Duh....

Chuck, thanks for being so accepting of my inability to remember things. And it looks like we could get something started at WWCCA with the rimfire rifles. Good stuff.

50yd RFBR at WWCCA

Joe thanks for talking with me Saturday, hope it didn't break your focus for your 200yd match...

Talked with Larry Hoffman last week and he tells me he is having a Custom built by Killoughs/Gorham using a Myers action, Shilen Rathet, Edge stock...all the best goodies and put together by one of the best... Richard Gorham.

Looking forward to meeting up with you guys for some serious 50yd Precision BR shooting this Summer.

Chuck

... I always have had trouble with names, but the older I get the better the CRS becomes. Numbers run through my head incessantly, but when names are brought up, it is like a blank sheet of paper. No wonder I didn't become a salesman.

Chuck Lama walks up to me on Saturday at our centerfire match at WWCCA and admonishes me for stating that I don't know him. I've been talking back and forth with Chuck at WWCCA for years. We had been comparing rimfire and centerfire notes for quite a while and I credit him for peaking my interest in rimfire at the range.

I just didn't remember his name. Duh....

Chuck, thanks for being so accepting of my inability to remember things. And it looks like we could get something started at WWCCA with the rimfire rifles. Good stuff.

Joe, Chuck wait until you turn 75. I can't remember what I had for lunch today. I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of my rifle. I suspect that it is at least a month away. In the meantime, I have a Swindlehurst that needs bedding and a barrel. I am using an Anschutz factory aluminum stock with a 2000 action and a 27 inch Lilja barrel that was a prone rifle for now. It works but leaves a lot to be desired. As I get older, I have less tolerance for waiting. I have noticed that about many of the seniors that I know. I want what I want when I want it!

Larry

... but I may try and look him up. Is the ARA shot with scopes from a rest ? Any other restrictions (scope power, stock restrictions)?

BTW. my youngest son lives just North of Ruskin in Apollo Beach. He teaches chemistry and physics at the Sarasota Military Academy.

Give a call sometime 616 402-7036...Bill Wheeler mentioned you the other day during our cold, cold shoot in Big Rapids
dv

Back