Weird looking powder

Andy Cross

Hi Guys,
Just opened a new 1Kg bottle of N133 powder. I thought I was tripping out on something when I saw the color of it. It has a very distinct blue color to it. I examined the size of the knurls and they look the same. Smells the same too. But when compared side by side with the last of the old batch it is definitely blue. Even examined it under different color temperature lights including sunlight.

Any suggestions on why it's this color. Should I use it or return it. Never seen this one before.

Andy.

So maybe it blue up. ;-)

Doesn't fit the description of any bad powder I've heard of, probably OK but the best place to ask would be as far up the supply chain as you can get.

No reply so far

The company that imports and distributes vihtavuori powders in Australia really no nothing about the products they sell. They also import Italian tiles, pottery, paint the list goes on. They told me to contact vihtavuori in Europe. I am not holding my breath on a reply. In the mean time should I buy more powder and hope there isn't anything different with that. Don't know. One thing for certain is that once the seal is broken the distributors don't want it back.
Andy.

classcat

Hi Guys,
Just opened a new 1Kg bottle of N133 powder. I thought I was tripping out on something when I saw the color of it. It has a very distinct blue color to it. I examined the size of the knurls and they look the same. Smells the same too. But when compared side by side with the last of the old batch it is definitely blue. Even examined it under different color temperature lights including sunlight.

Any suggestions on why it's this color. Should I use it or return it. Never seen this one before.

Andy. Try Adam @ nammo, they are the VithaVuori dist. here in the U.S. @abraverman@lapua.us

weird powder

The numbers on the canister are 090126
Apart from the last number which is obviously a date, which could be the date of manufacture or date of packaging not sure which, there isn't any reference to what the other numbers refer to.

As I haven't received an e-mail back from any of the people at vihtavuori they might have just put it into the nut case basket.
Andy

Some time ago I posted this query about why the new canister of N133 looked blue. The answer came recently from a friend who I hadn't seen for a while. A retired organic chemist who worked for Orica for many years. The diethyl ether the powder was dried with probably contained traces of methyl as well. It will often create a bluish to purple tinge within cellulose based compounds. Nothing to be concerned about.
Andy.

Back