we need a humor forum.....until then

Reader's Digest version.

A man is walking home alone late one foggy night when behind him he hears: Bump! BUMP! BUMP! Walking faster, he looks back and through the fog he makes out the image of an upright casket banging its way down the middle of the street toward him!!
Long
BUMP! BUMP! BUMP!

Terrified, the man begins to run toward his home, the casket bouncing quickly behind him.

FASTER! FASTER! BUMP! BUMP! BUMP!

He runs up to his door, fumbles with his keys, opens the door, rushes in, slams and locks the door behind him.
However, the casket crashes through his door, with the lid of the casket clapping.

Clappity-BUMP! Clappity-BUMP! Clappity-BUMP!

On his heels, the terrified man runs.

Rushing upstairs to the bathroom, the man locks himself in.

His heart is pounding, his head is reeling, his breath is coming in sobbing gasps.

With a loud CRASH the casket breaks down the door.

Bumping and clapping toward him.

The man screams and reaches for something, anything, but all he can find is a cap bag of cough drops!

Desperate, he throws the cough drops at the casket...

and...

The coffin stops.

I remember that one..... it was in the issue where the lead story was about the first head-on collision with airbags, around 1990 IIRC ...... and I think they told the joke because it was the Hunnerd Year Anniversary of when they told it the first time LOL

I remember that one..... it was in the issue where the lead story was about the first head-on collision with airbags, around 1990 IIRC ...... and I think they told the joke because it was the Hunnerd Year Anniversary of when they told it the first time LOL

Fortunately I didn't write either version. So there's that.

KMpx12F.jpg

Do not let others discourage you!

They said it could not be done.

With a smile he took right to it.

He was trying something that could not be done.

...And he could not do it.

Back