WBC 2013 update

Scott St Louis

Bad bit of luck here --Wayne C. Had a bullet stuck and lost his entire first record group.
10 inch penalty
Here the rifle must be cleared before it can be removed from the bench and another used, there was not enough time to get this accomplished.
He has since got settled down and back shooting, all here are trying to make him feel better and move forward.

B a d !!!!

:mad: Dedicated to WAYNE CAMPBELL Bench Rest of the World Cup in Australia .... Fit a ball in the barrel and not being able to change to make the match rifle .... A REAL "bad luck"!!!

Attachments

• Scan2.jpg
    Scan2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 492
Last edited:
That stings........ So unfortunate on a big stage.

I wondered what had happened to Wayne. Now we know. Thanks for the update Scott.

Here I was thinking what a disappointment with the nasty winds and all but that is nothing compared to this.

^#@$*&^&(%$&

What happened to Todd!!!!! ERGH!!!!! Damn I was routin for him!!!! That sucks!!!! He had a good chance at the 2 gun. Well I feel for Todd and Wayne. That is not what any Br shooter needs. I sure hope the guys have been having a great time!!! What an experience to shoot in the WBC. I see alot of fires around there. ERGH!!!

Ouch. Todd is a serious top notch shooter. As all of them are. It must be rough stuff out there.

bad luck

Yes it was a complete group crossfire--mirage was terrible and could not see competitor number on target. Sorry for the delay but I did not want to talk about it, got to feel bad for him T odd is such a great person and was doing great till then. All the Australians are trying to help him through the rough time
-- these people are amazingly nice and great hosts, just wish they had a better government, waitwe need one toooooooo Scott.

My heart goes out to Todd.....

The ol' sayin' goes... "those who have and those who will". I feel for you, man. I was rootin' for you brother.

Rod

Wbc

Yes they can! I know Ed and Charles. I'm sure all those guys are super great guys! Ed has put in alot of hard work and I don't think I can say enough nice things about him and Charles. My first time I shot at Raton, I shot next to Charles. After the second target he approached me and said any help you and your boy need(I shoot with son), just ask. Well he helped a ton with bench setup and flag reading. He could tell I didn't know much then and I still don't know much now, but I know these quality people in Br are the salt of the earth IMO!!!!

Wbc

Congrats Charles!!!! Congrats to all the shooters!!!! Oh and Hi Rod and say hi to Audrey!!!

Going by the Australian safety rules spelled out to us prior to the commencement of WBC a malfunctioned rifle can be laid aside but only a range officer can pass you a backup rifle. If a live round is stuck then the instructions were that the rifle cannot be moved and a range officer has to remove the live round prior to you completing your group either with your rifle or a backup rifle.

I really felt for Wayne when he had his problem and ended up with a 10 inch penalty and think that in the future some thing needs to be done to prevent this from happening again.

As Scott said there was quite a bit of mirage and it was very easy to line up on the wrong target.......It doesn't feel good when anyone does it and I really feel for Todd.

Ian

A ten inch penalty is a bit extreme in my opinion. What's the point really. You get hit with that you might as well pack up. To much time, money, and hard work involved. My opinion. Lee

Lee it's always been a 2 inch penalty at 200yds for each record shot not put on your target...........the rules would have to be changed to make the penalty anything else, everybody knows the rules before they compete. Ian

Lee it's always been a 2 inch penalty at 200yds for each record shot not put on your target...........the rules would have to be changed to make the penalty anything else, everybody knows the rules before they compete. Ian

The problem with the rule isn't the 1 MOA penalty (per shot), it is that once the rifle is made safe, it should be permissable to use another rifle to complete the group. In fact, I've seen this more than once in sanctioned (I think) NBRSA matches, and have myself given a competitor my rifle and ammunition so he could finish. Might have been IBS, but I think it was NBRSA.

Are the rule for the world championships different?

Back