Voodoo Rifle Accuracy

...question for Vudoo group

I just looked at your website and action. Great thinking & Interesting!

My question is a new single shot version going to be a better solution for rimfire benchrest since you have precise ( as stated on your website) straight in feeding not at an angle that would deform the soft rim fire bullet. I would think if it feeds perfectly now you would have a huge advantage for shooters getting off their shots quickly in a certain condition. Your repeater is plenty stiff and has adequate bedding surface. Speed shooting in centerfire benchrest seems to rule these days and maybe your Vudoo action could possibly revolutionize the rimfire benchrest game.

Then question number two ....maybe a centerfire repeater for those centerfire benchrest speed shooters!

Thanks,

High Noon

Last edited:
I just looked at your website and action. Great thinking & Interesting!

My question is a new single shot version going to be a better solution for rimfire benchrest since you have precise ( as stated on your website) straight in feeding not at an angle that would deform the soft rim fire bullet. I would think if it feeds perfectly now you would have a huge advantage for shooters getting off their shots quickly in a certain condition. Your repeater is plenty stiff and has adequate bedding surface. Speed shooting in centerfire benchrest seems to rule these days and maybe your Vudoo action could possibly revolutionize the rimfire benchrest game.

Then question number two ....maybe a centerfire repeater for those centerfire benchrest speed shooters!

Thanks,

High Noon[/QUOTE

Todd, while Mike surely capable of answering, virtually all current BR actions allow quick single loading, which is a definite preference , including IR sporters which have a magazine which nobody uses.
With a single feed action, rarely will you not have enough time to shoot a card.
When conditions are very consistent (rarely), I have shot 25 bull cards in less than 4 minutes out of a 30 minute allotment.
The question then becomes, why give up any stiffness and bedding surface for no practical gain.

Last edited:
Just Like Tim stated you can shoot a single shot pretty quick..I shot a smallbore F-class this past weekend and was done in less then 8 mins with unlimited sighters and 20 rounds...I felt my Vudoo's accuracy increased with the single feed system installed. I am not sure the rules in ARA or 50/50 if a repeater is legal..They are NOT legal in NRA or ASSA smallbore f-class. I am not saying the the repeater action is illegal, you are NOT allowed put ammo in a mag.

ARA or IR50 have no rules against using mag feed rifles. As a matter of fact, IR50 Sporter class it's mandatory for the rifle to have a mag, but you don't have to use it.

Back