VISALIA CA BR Match

danl

WOW!!! WHAT A WEEKEND
The range at Visalia Ca. is finally open, although not finished
F6ZaF5xh.jpg

We at the CBRSA held our first match of the year this weekend
We decided to go with a weekend of 100 yard Unlimited, four straight 100 Aggs
The match was unregistered because we were not able to get the stationary backers done in time. We did have the moving backers.
We had 23 shooters, and very HOT and muggy weather. Humidity got as high as 65, temps were in the 90’s all weekend.
We started the day with a moment of silence for the three we lost on the club ; Ray Garric, Stu Harvey & Tom Libby. We also said a prayer for our range officer Scott who is ill in the hospital.
Sat AM - FIVE TEEN AGGS
Match Winners .128 - .082 - .083 - .095 - .098
Small group goes to Rich Shaw with the .082
1st-Jack Childers .1620
2nd-Gary Ocock .1790
3rd-Jim Nicolas .1822

Sat PM- SEVEN TEEN AGGS
Match Winners .054 - .146 - .110 - .113 - .118
Small group goes to Ed Aulestia with the .054
1st-Marty Childers .1312
2nd-Lou Murdica .1552
3rd-Jim Nicolas . 1696

TWO GUN AGG – SEVEN TEEN AGGS
1st-Marty Childers .1674
2nd-Jim Nicolas .1759
3rd-Lou Murdica .1781

Sunday AM – 15 TEEN AGGS
Match Winners .074 - .083 - .041 - .018 - .102
YES that’s Right, Small Group was a .018 by Gary Ocock
1st – Gary Ocock .0840!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .154 - .103 - .041 - .018 - .104
W4UIMvLh.jpg

zUZprvEh.jpg

2nd-Marty Childers .1196
3rd-Lou Murdica .1250

Sunday PM – NINE TEEN AGGS
Match Winners .050 - .089 - .108 - .048 - .104
Small Group goes to Joe Stanovich with the .048
1st-Joe Stanovich . 1406
2nd-Lawrence Weisdorn .1604
3rd-Gary Ocock .1606

Four Gun Grand AGG – TEN TEEN AGGS
1st-Gary Ocock .1585
2nd-Lou Murdica .1662
3rd- Marty Childers .1690
4th-Lawrence Weisdorn .1701
5th-Jim Nicolas .1744
WOW a GREAT Weekend
Everybody wants to do this again next year – CA Sniper King 100 Yard??
The next match will be the CA State Three gun Championship SP-LV –HV, this will be Labor Day weekend
This will be an IBS registered match

SAT WINNERS
FdVgCmzh.jpg

Ed Aulestia - Rich Shaw - Jim Nicolas- Marty Childers- Jack Childers- Lawrence Weisdorn-Gary Ocock-Lou Murdica

SUN WINNERS
jjImNSyh.jpg

Joe Stanovich- Jim Nicolas- Lawrence Weisdorn- Lou Murdica- Mart Childers

ONE MORE TIME -
TZoVKvwh.jpg

DAN
I have full results but scan is too large to post

I don't think stationary backers are required to hold a registered match, only for the nationals.

FYI
Quick Equipment list
RAIL GUNS
10 Young
5 Kinzler
1 Mattingly
1 Powell
1 Nielson
1 Larson
1 Dodd

DAN

JerryH
I think you missed the important line of the first post and it may explain why they need stationary backers.
Visalia will no longer be holding NBRSA matches they will be sanctioned by the IBS! Perhaps you should inquire an answer for that switch from Gene Bukys!!! You will also see a few other clubs moving to IBS, like Tucson,AZ. Definitely not the NBRSA's finest hours!!!
Congrats to Gary Ocock that was phenomenal shooting, that new Young Rail is incredible.

I don't think stationary backers are required to hold a registered match, only for the nationals.

The only place I've ever seen stationary backers is at the Nationals or at ranges that have held the Nationals in the past. The below information is copied from the NBRSA online rule book.

6. Backers (Stationary): In addition to the moving backer strip or card, a stationary backer shall be required for all National Championship Tournaments and all U.S. World Team Qualifying Matches. The stationary backer at 100 yards should be placed exactly 36” behind the record target and 72” behind the record target at 200 yards. When the required number of shots can be identified on the record target, a backer is not required for World Record measurement. Stationary Backers are RECOMMENDED, but not required, at registered NBRSA matches.

Too bad it wasn't a registered match as it looks to me that there would a lot of targets going to the records committee. Great shooting no matter what. One of these days maybe I can make it out to a match at Visalia.

IBS rules

) Backers (moving)
A moving backer strip (or card) shall be required for 100 yard/meter, 200 yard/meter and 300 yard matches in all registered tournaments except for Score Shooting.
5) Backer (stationary)
In addition to the moving backer strip or card, a stationary backer shall be required at all registered tournaments. For competition, the stationary backer at 100 yards/meters shall be approximately 36 inches behind the record target: approximately 72 inches at 200 yards/meters and approximately 108 inches at 300 yards.
6) Shot Identification
When the required number of shots can be identified in the record target, a backer is not required for record measurement.

Jerry, I think you are being unfair to Gene. I have gotten a very different take on the situation. Why don't you call him up and get his side of the story. you might change your mind. Tim

Good morning Tim, I think that you read the post wrong. It was addressed to Jerry, not written by Jerry.

Back