V v-133

waynej1

Getting back into Benchrest. 100-200 yards, point blank. 6 PPC cartridge. Does anyone have any pros or cons on the newer lots of V V powders that are available today? Any suggestions on other powders to work with? Thanks in advance. Waynej

Getting back into Benchrest. 100-200 yards, point blank. 6 PPC cartridge. Does anyone have any pros or cons on the newer lots of V V powders that are available today? Any suggestions on other powders to work with? Thanks in advance. Waynej

A friend of mine sold me what was left out of an 8lb container of 133 Lot 29.1.2015 because it was so slow that he couldn't get enough of it in his case to make it work. He's been using 8208XBR. Most people that I know shoot N133 or LT32 or they take both of those powders with them and use the one that shoots best on that particular day.

Last edited:
A friend of mine sold me his 8lb container of 133 Lot 29.1.2015 because it was so slow that he couldn't get enough of it in his case to make it work. He's been using 8208XBR. Most people that I know shoot N133 or LT32 or they take both powders to a match.

I opened my last 8 pound jug of '03 133 at the Nationals. It's the only powder I have used in over 12 years. I brought back 32 pounds of the latest lot of 133 that Bruno had in stock.

I hope what you say is not true about it's burn rate. I haven't shot it yet.

Hey Jackie,

Don't be surprised if you are about 2 full numbers different on your measure to get the same weight. I think the lot of '14 I had was around 57 clicks to dump around 30.2g. I won this bottle at the Super Shoot this year in the merchandise drawing. I believe it was lot 360-14, it shot very good but you really had to work to get enough in the case.

I have heard the '15 stuff was about the same. I have not personally measured any of it yet. I have a jug bought from a friend but have not picked it up yet.

Joe Hynes

Back