Using VV 133 and 68 FB match bullets, 6PPC ?

You are the FIRST person the I have come across to still have thunderbird T-32 Powder.
I have 8lbs of T-32 that I have never used. I've had it for about 13 years and never worked up a load for my Sako 6PPC,
Using Sako brass, Sierra 55grain FBHP, CCI small rifle primers. I contacted Thunderbird and the said that the T-32 data is the same as the H-322 Data.
Have you any load data that you could give me to start?
image.jpg

Similar story

I would also recommend using H322 if this is your first 6ppc experience. I have a good friend that hangs around here quite a bit and he starts almost all new ppc shooters with H322. For good reason i might add. N133 can be difficult to tune or learn and i sure would hate for a new shooter to get to discouraged. Good luck and if you have any questions please Pm me and i will put you into contact with my friend. He is a good man with good intention, and he can help you. Lee

Yep I would agree.
About 3 weeks ago I took delivery of my new BR rifle built on a drop port panda. During load development I found the N133 to be touchy. Once the temperature got above 28 degrees C what ever that is in degrees f I had to start going down in charge. It seemed very touchy. When cool it shot better than the H322 but the H322 shot the same irrespective of the ambient temp. I am dropping thirty and a half grains of H322 so I am not sure how long the primer pockets will stay tight But it will shoot into the .1's on that load.
Andy

The long drop tube is a little less than half of the whole program. The rest is the very slow and/or interrupted drop. Keeping an eye on the drop tube, carefully approach the handle position where you just start to see powder granules. When you do, back the handle up just enough to stop the flow, and go again, repeating until the measure cavity is empty. Usually 5-6 reps. I think that you will be surprised how far down the neck 29 gr. comes to with a little technique.

Another trick to add to the long tube is a cordless toothbrush to vibrate the case. You would be AMAZED how much room you can make w/ vibration. Not just tapping the case but hi-frequency vibration

Another trick to add to the long tube is a cordless toothbrush to vibrate the case. You would be AMAZED how much room you can make w/ vibration. Not just tapping the case but hi-frequency vibration

That brought a smile...
back in the 60's I used to put a finger over the mouth of the case for what I was loading and tap on the case with a spoon :eek:

Back