USARB 2016 Nationals

Thank you

Joe, anything I might try and say here will be most inadequate.
You are an exceptional individual and do our sport proud. On behalf of all of us that realize your effort and comittment we salute you and your outstanding support team that made the Nationals such a success............thank you.

Frank Tirrell

Great Match

As happened last year, Joe & team produced an outstanding event. Fun, Fellowship & Food - it doesn't get much better than that. I just need to make a larger sacrifice to Ralph the Wind God as he certainly was riled up Sunday with gale force winds. Kudos to all who were involved in putting this championship on from John on the front line to Glen, Lou, et al in the back room and all the guys that kept cleaning up after us as well as el jefe Joe. Just can't say enough good things.

Steve W.

A fantastic event. Well organized, superb facility, hard working volunteers, fair scoring, a great lunch, and of course Joe - who makes it all happen.

A big thank you to Joe and all who were so generous with their time and good work!

just a thought for the Nationals

We know winds most likely pick up as the day wears on creating an unfair situation for late day shooters. History dictates mornings are the best conditions you are going to see all day.........

Suppose, TO LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD we took the shooters from the afternoon relays and let them shoot first thing in the morning on the second day????

Frank

That is pretty much what happened

We know winds most likely pick up as the day wears on creating an unfair situation for late day shooters. History dictates mornings are the best conditions you are going to see all day.........

Suppose, TO LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD we took the shooters from the afternoon relays and let them shoot first thing in the morning on the second day????

Frank

Everyday each participant on a day started in a different order. For example, I started the first day at #1, second day at #2 and third day at #3. Each relay all shooters shot the first target, than the second target, etc. Each team of 3 also moved 5 benches each day. Without substantially slowing down the matches, I think this method is about as fair as could be. My .02 cents
Dana

that is exactly what was done Frank
the 3ed shooter day 1 was the 1st shooter day 2

TO LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD we took the shooters from the afternoon relays and let them shoot first thing in the morning on the second day????

Frank

Last edited:
Rotation of shooters

Thanks guys for setting me straight on this issue..

Frank

The top 10 finishers are now posted on the USARB website. Spring Piston class, if can can fill me in on your rifles I'm happy to add that information. Also, I am missing a couple of states from the Spring Piston class. You can email me at steve at sworegon dot com with the information.

Steve W.

Back