UPS vs USPS

Mike, my bad, better wording would be:China loans us money to cover the substantial USPS annual operating loss.

How is USPS cheaper when you consider govt. subsidies on a company who last year could not meet its pension obligations? Since when is there a free lunch?

I live in the sticks, but only about 2 miles from a USPS post office. I find them quite convenient for shipping, including guns. I sell a lot on ebay. I use their insurance and tracking and have no complaints. UPS doesn't attempt our hill on our private road in the winter, so they sometimes leave expensive stuff hanging on the mail box by the road. They have left stuff out in the rain by the garage with no protection. If they decide to hold something at the plant, they sometimes forget to call. We have to watch the tracking like a hawk. I did just sign up for their service whereby I can redirect a shipment to the plant, but it doesn't work. Fortunately, their live chat does work and I was able to have them hold the laptop I just ordered. USPS always leaves a notice if something won't fit in the mailbox and we pick it up on Saturday. I would gladly pay more for the USPS service because it is a good fit for me and they generally have a good attitude.

The USPS doesn't always get it right! Apparently FedEx have been farming some of their work load out to USPS with the result being there are two pallets of packages SOMEWHERE up here that at present seem to be temporarily lost! I was told this by a USPS employee. Don't know who is to blame but this time it's not UPS! I am patiently waiting.

Back