Turbo Smith

Littleriver

My V2 Turbo bolt is a bear to cycle. Is there someone who is known for their ability to smooth these out?? Thanks much for the help.

What do you mean” bear to cycle” ? Are you talking cocking/bolt lift?
Are you the first owner?

V2 is the first Version

My V2 Turbo bolt is a bear to cycle. Is there someone who is known for their ability to smooth these out?? Thanks much for the help.

Robert Oates of Faision , NC is the main guy in V2`s ,he has owned 2 , no body else has done that but Robert!

Last edited:
V2 is the first Version

Not many V2`s were sold into 22RFBR because of the many errors ! I know of two pretty good smiths both gave up blueprinting the same action ! I bought one and never built it ! Robert Oates of Fasion ,NC has had two ,sold one to
3 Lug Mike Williams and it shoots pretty good , I think 3 Lug Mike just don`t worry about cycling his and goes on to the next match !

Contact Diorio

All 3 lugs are harder to cock than the 2 lug actions however the v2 does have a steep cam which makes it harder. You need to contact DiOrio and he will look at it and make sure there is not any mechanical problems with it and fix anything that is wrong. Give Anthony a call.

phone (540)-438-1870.

Mailing address:

DiOrio Mfg. Company

32 Silver Lake Road

Harrisonburg, VA 22801

All 3 lugs are harder to cock than the 2 lug actions however the v2 does have a steep cam which makes it harder. You need to contact DiOrio and he will look at it and make sure there is not any mechanical problems with it and fix anything that is wrong. Give Anthony a call.

phone (540)-438-1870.

Mailing address:

DiOrio Mfg. Company

32 Silver Lake Road

Harrisonburg, VA 22801

Good advice. Thanks much

Closing issues provide a hint.
First, not knowing how much you have shot it......get the throat clean of all carbon/lead, as it builds chambering gets tough and getting the bolt handle down becomes hard.
Second, depending on how deep your chamber was cut you may very well have to push on the end of the bolt to completely seat the round allowing the bolt to cam over and down.

Other solutions involve having somebody with experience alter the slope of your cocking cam and putting a small radius on the leading edge of the lugs to assist on initial closing.

Headspace

If the barrel was originally chambered exclusively for Eley and you are shooting Lapua closing the bolt could be an issue. The rim thicknesses are different.

Closing issues provide a hint.
First, not knowing how much you have shot it......get the throat clean of all carbon/lead, as it builds chambering gets tough and getting the bolt handle down becomes hard.
Second, depending on how deep your chamber was cut you may very well have to push on the end of the bolt to completely seat the round allowing the bolt to cam over and down.

Other solutions involve having somebody with experience alter the slope of your cocking cam and putting a small radius on the leading edge of the lugs to assist on initial closing.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge of this action. I think the things you have shared with make a difference. Again thanks.

Turbo bolt cycling update

Shot the V2 today. Cleaned the throat of the chamber, greased the lugs good and shot eley. Significant improvement was experienced. Thanks much for your suggestions and input. Greatly appreciated.

Back