trigger pull weight set

ranch23

Been looking for a trigger pull weight set. Brownells has 2 sets, one is partly in grams and the other is not acceptable to NRA or 4H. Any ideas?

Just my 2 cents

Take a couple of bucks to where you can buy fishing weights. The bell type with the wire through them.
I use a large fishing hook and slip the appropriate amount of weight on the hook. I use 1, 1/2, 1/4 ounce weights and use a go, no go system for triggers under 2 pounds. Still have my up to 4 1/4 lbs trigger weights if I need.
Just place rifle vertical and using something metal like a clothes hanger make a 6" piece with a loop at the bottom for weight hook and a 90 degree bend at the top to gently set on the trigger.
Centerfire

Take a couple of bucks to where you can buy fishing weights. The bell type with the wire through them.
I use a large fishing hook and slip the appropriate amount of weight on the hook. I use 1, 1/2, 1/4 ounce weights and use a go, no go system for triggers under 2 pounds. Still have my up to 4 1/4 lbs trigger weights if I need.
Just place rifle vertical and using something metal like a clothes hanger make a 6" piece with a loop at the bottom for weight hook and a 90 degree bend at the top to gently set on the trigger.
Centerfire

good idea, Thank You, Brian

If you're looking for splitting hairs accuracy :) hook a liddle wire or dacron line to a ziplock baggie. Tare it out on your scale and hang it on the trigger. Add water until she pops and weigh the assembly. Kludgy, but hyper accurate. Maybe if you're working with a group of kids could be useful??

((Sorry....My teaching bone is unsatisfied as we haven't had a Hunter Ed class for two years))

Hi Al

If you're looking for splitting hairs accuracy :) hook a liddle wire or dacron line to a ziplock baggie. Tare it out on your scale and hang it on the trigger. Add water until she pops and weigh the assembly. Kludgy, but hyper accurate. Maybe if you're working with a group of kids could be useful??

((Sorry....My teaching bone is unsatisfied as we haven't had a Hunter Ed class for two years))

Boy that is a great idea, thanks Al.
Centerfire

I've done the same using a paperclip, baggie, and sand.

So, let me get this straight; you guys advocate playing around your trigger with sand and water. What could possibly go wrong?

Back