Top lever safety on a stolle panda??

alinwa

oft dis'd member
I got a bucket of parts to assemble a hunting rifle, the action is a LH Kodiak.

Has anyone ever installed a top-lever Rem700-style safety on a Stolle AL action? Can it be milled for clearance?

I haven't even laid a safety style trigger up to it, plan to call Kelbly's tomorrow if I get time.

Anyone done this? I've probably got a bottom safety Jewell kicking around but they're not really a "hunting trigger" IME......

Since Carl, Tom and Greg walley are nolonger at Kelblys I doubt if any of the new guys would know. How about fitting an on-the-bolt safety to the Kodiak?....or is that a longer action.??? I've got a bunch of Pandas but I've never tried that. (Matter of fact I've got 5 Pandas to sell)

We cut in top safeties numerous times a year, give us a call and we can set up cutting the action for top safety. As far as Jerry's comment about no one here to do the top safety, who do you think taught Tom and Greg to do these jobs?

Jim

So.... as per usual, Thee Kelbly Krew Kame Through....... in spades....... with PHOTOS no less........

So stick it in yer ear Sharrett :p

Since Carl, Tom and Greg walley are nolonger at Kelblys I doubt if any of the new guys would know. How about fitting an on-the-bolt safety to the Kodiak?....or is that a longer action.??? I've got a bunch of Pandas but I've never tried that. (Matter of fact I've got 5 Pandas to sell)

Soooo, any LP RE Microport with Griffin ejector? PPC or .473

Give us a call and we can arrange to cut the action for top safety, as we do this many times a year. Regarding Jerry's observation that there is currently no one available to perform top safety, who do you suppose taught Tom and Greg how to undertake such tasks?
slime rancher 2

Back