Tomball, Texas "CRAWFISH" Match

Doug Penttinen

"TESTED TEXAS TUFF"
Well it's almost here,

Everyone should know it's time for what was at one time the biggest match in the GCR. "THE CRAWFISH".Things got tuff when the Louisiana range got taken away and when it was turned over to the Texas side it went strong for a few years.

I'm sure I will hear the same host of reasons why but over the last few years that match has lost all of the meaning. Granted it is not a five minute drive from Lousiana nor was it the same from Texas. This match needs some kind of help and I as a shooter am willing to pay extra $$$ to get the crawfish boil, corn, tators and most of all shooters to return to this match. I went to them in Lafayette and man did they know how to throw it back. We can do the same thing

I have not been able to shoot as much as I have wanted to as when I first started out 11 years ago but the "CRAWFISH was one that that I always wanted to make because of all the shooters coming from everywhere to partake in this match. Granted gas is out - of -site and who knows where it will stop but there has to be a good way to get this match on the up hill climb.

It is just a big match and always has always meant so much to so many. It was one of the greatest gathering of shooters, people, and friendships along with TONS of smack talking that I have ever been able to be a part of.....

Lets get this thing back on it's feet in one state or the other.

Last edited:
I'll be there ..missed my first Shamrock ever ...sure did miss it ..all the guys in the SE, and Brady. Looks like the Crawfish will now be the one not to miss ......just relocated to Houston

Back