Tire safety??? You need to see!!!

Sounds to me...

...that mostly they are not using 1st in 1st out like the major mfg companies practice.

I bet alot of the popular tires are beeing re-ordered while the ones already on the shelf stay in the back and new ones delivered get stacked in front of the old ones.

ISO used to check us and if we had any part number on the floor in production w/ an older one in the warehouse....we got pinched.

I don't think retailers practice or are checked like the certified mfg plants.

Great info....thanks!!

pf
<><

Makes me wonder where these tires were bought, and what brand they were. My dad worked in tire shops for most of his adult life, and I'm a tire fanatic, and haven't seen anything like this. Nothing more fun than going into a tire shop and reading sidewalls if I can't be in a gunshop, at the loading bench, or shooting.

One other thing which can lead to tire problems is under inflation. Low tire pressures don't just effect fuel mileage, it also effects tire heating and life, and vehicle handling.

What's even worse than a bad tire on a four wheeled vehicle is a bad tire on a motorcycle. One day a friend and I took a ride from Seattle to Leavenworth, WA, and he noticed a parked Goldwing with a very low rear tire. The owner walked up about that time and my friend mentioned the rear tire to him. The guy said, "it made it over here that way and it'll make it home...." He was easily 250 lb and his wife wasn't a flyweight either, and when they rode away the rear tire was about 50% flat. Some people can't be educated I guess. :(

Back