Thoughts on Ruger GP100 .357 Mag

I've got a GP-100 with a 4" barrel, installed Wolff trigger and hammer springs from Brownell's and I'm happy with it. The GP-100 might not be as pretty as an S&W, but they are STRONG. If a guy doesn't shoot full power hot loads it's not a problem, but I've shot loads in that GP-100 that might make less sturdy guns whimper. After a cylinder full or 180 gr Laser Cast loads for a 6.5" barrel Blackhawk were fired in it I began paying more attention to the labels on the ammo boxes though. No harm to the gun, but the recoil was a little more than snappy.

I've owned three over the years (GP100} and have liked them all after a little work on the treggers. My first onE was/is my favorite, I shoot self cast 158 Gr, SWCHP and XX gr. Blue Dot and crimped a little and it is amazingly accurate. It's built ike an M1-A1 Abrahms AND IS A JOY TO SHOOT!

CY -

Howdy !

DOes the GP-100 fit your hand well ?

It may not, if your hands are towards the large size.

Regards,
.357Mag

.357Mag, it fit well. I do not have big hands.

Regardless I will have no idea if I would have ever liked it. As was mentioned earlier I LOVE BR and what goes with it so why not by something PURDY and shiney just like my BR rifles.......... Don't settle for second best, get the best.

Back