Thoughts on New NORMA 6PPC Brass

Suckers??, The 220 Russian, when formed into the 6PPC, becomes, (arguably), the most accurate chambering on the Planet.

Life would be easier if Lapua simply made a 6PPC out of the box. But then, why don't they make a 30BR right out of the box. The last time I looked, the 30BR was becoming quite popular. If this score thing really takes off, it might become as popular as the 6PPC as far as number of rounds fired a year in a Benchrest Arena.

There have been problems in the past. About 6 years ago, the faces of the cases had a pretty pronounced convex, after several firings at the pressures we shoot, you could hardly seat a primer. For a while, many of us were lightly facing the case head square as part of out prep. It cured the problem, but it should never have been a problem in the first place.........jackie

Thats exactly what I meant Jackie, if they made 6ppc almost ready to shoot
a. there wouldn't be as much brass wasted, so they would sell less
b. we wouldn't have as much fun turning contortions to produce shootable brass.
There has to be a reason that they won't make it...after all they make 222 and 243 and 6br.
Mark

I called them once, about...........

five years ago, and asked them if they were ever going to produce a .22-250 case?? NO!! Well, how about a 7X57 case, there are numerous shooters interested in the 6MM Rem. and the 6MM Imp., do you see any possibility the 7X57 could be forthcoming?? NO!! Maybe some things are finally changing. Maybe someone gave the guy I was talking to a couple aspirins. :rolleyes: And darned if they didn't answer the phone in the oddest way. They said something that sounded like, "LOP-wah" ;) :D

Mark...

Thats exactly what I meant Jackie, if they made 6ppc almost ready to shoot
a. there wouldn't be as much brass wasted, so they would sell less
b. we wouldn't have as much fun turning contortions to produce shootable brass.
There has to be a reason that they won't make it...after all they make 222 and 243 and 6br.
Mark

not sure this hasn't already been mentioned, but Lapua doesn't need to make 6PPC brass. 99.9999999999999999% of the 6 PPC benchrest shooting world uses the .220 Russian as a base case. That may change over time if Norma produces brass as good as Norma. Time will tell. I used to have a PPC that Bob Dodd made for himself. Chamber was cut for Norma brass. I shot that gun for a year with no brass issues, but I didn't operate at the top of the steeple pressure wise either.

Back