Thomas rally in Arkansas

accurate5

This past week I had the pleasure of hosting Marvin Reynolds and Mike Niksch at my home. Marvin lives about 3 hours drive from me in North Central Arkansas and Mike N. was on a road trip to do some field target shooting in the south east. We spent the morning in 90+ degree heat and 80% humidity. Marvin and I were working on some LV practice and Mike was tuning his Thomas for field target. It was a real pleasure to watch these two guys shoot. Sometimes it really pays to sit down. shut up. listen and watch. I have attached a few photos for you guys who know these gentlemen.

Attachments

• Marvin behind his Thomas _7513-2.jpg
    Marvin behind his Thomas _7513-2.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 254
  • Mike N at the bench small 7536-2.jpg
    Mike N at the bench small 7536-2.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 294
  • Mike and Marvin at the bench small 7502.jpg
    Mike and Marvin at the bench small 7502.jpg
    794 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
Marvin and Mike are two of the nicest people in Airgun Benchrest!

Have shot with Marvin at the 2011 Worlds , 2014 Nationals in AZ and the 2015 Nationals in Oxnard, CA.
His wife Lucinda helped the whole USA Team at the 2011 Worlds along with both National shoots. When Ron Lewis started Air Rifle Benchrest and ran a (world National match ?) Marvin won that match in a near Hurricane !!
My wife and I stopped by Marvin and Lucinda home on the way back from TX and Marvin has the best home shooting range I have ever seen!

Mike Niksch sold me one of his Thomas Electronic in LV. It was delivered a week before the AZ Nationals in 2014 (electronics was legal then) had a small problem with it. We Had 4 people in a mini van and drove straight through 50 plus hours. Mike met me in my hotel and fixed it in 5 min. The next day was a practice day and every one that shot the Thomas loved it. When Electronics were not allowed. Mike did a bolt, hammer spring, trigger upgrade in a week or less.
For the 2015 Worlds in Australia I ordered a HV Thomas with side lever. I also had my LV Thomas upgraded to a side lever. The six of us all took home at least one Medal . In HV class we took Gold and Silver.
Looking forward to shooting with them again in Sept in Oxnard, CA this year.

Paul Bendix

Great guys, bof of em

I am deeply involved in Rimfire Benchrest but do , on occasion, participate in Air Gun Benchrest. I had the great pleasure of meeting both of those gentlemen last summer in Oxnard and will concur with Paul. The Nationals at Oxnard was the best run Nationals I have attended of any of those of any discipline I have participated in. Wish I could go again this year. Wish I had more time - - - -, and resources ------.

Pete

Back