"The One & Only Blue Bonnet"

Doug Penttinen

"TESTED TEXAS TUFF"
Well,

The Texas Blue Bonnet has come and gone and it was a great match Saturday and Sunday but I did have to get my GPS out because I would have sworn with the wind blowing as hard as it was that I was out west in someplace called Midland, Texas......And I would say they were some crazy conditions at best but yet some shooters managed to figure out how to master it. I for one was NOT one of those 33 shooters... (Did not expect to)..

I would like to thank Jerry Hensler and his crew for doing a great job on the match and also the boy scouts troop target crew... It looked like they had a blast. In watching them riding down to the targets on the back of the pick up truck sure brought back memories of being a whole lot younger..

I don't make mention of to many names while on here but I will say that I know in my own personal world I will say two things, Gene B is right when he says the game begins at 200 and that the man can drive bullets down range. He was shooting over someone else flags, no daisy's, very thin line flags and there were 8 flags. Gene, You B DA man......You take someone who can shoot in any condition, over anybody's flags and keep them all together is pretty dang awesome....

Bottom line is that is was a lot of fun and it was my first time back to New Braunfels in at least 5 years and first time back shooting in 3 years. Nothing takes the place of range time !!! (trust Me)

Congrats to the winners of this years Blue Bonnet and to everyone who shot. If we can get up in the morning. load our vehicles, drive for hours, unload, spend the day trying to find something that's works, lug the guns back and forth to the bench, shoot all weekend, load up, drive home, unload, look over the target you shot and wonder WTF you did wrong on that 3rd or 4th shot I would say after all that that we are still winners.....

Hope to see everyone in Seymour for another great shoot.....Again my hat goes off to the top shooters this weekend....

I didn't get a photo of the match results. Mike Conry won the 2 gun with Charles Huckeba, and Gene Bukys coming in pretty close behind Mike. Unfortunately, my memory is pretty short on specifics. The yardage wins were spread out with Mike Conry, Gene Bukys, Jacob Gottfredson and I don't remember who the other yardage and grand winners were.

Bonnet Results

Was wondering if someone is going to post the results ?? Not that it's going to make mine look any better since I can sit here and look at my match targets on the floor going good god almighty, I shot that !!!!!!!!!!!

That's funny right there...

Lord have mercy, how many times have I done that...of course, always thinking that if I just didn't have a couple of the big ones I would be about 15th place (of 30 shooters).

Bluebonnet Photos 2014

IMG_0247.jpg

L to R.Gene Bukys, Jacob Gottfredson, Darrell Whitman, Gary Grove, Bubba Snowden, Gary Bristow, Charles Huckeba, Mike Conry, B. G. Lott

IMG_0228.jpg
Gary Grove and Arnold Jewell

IMG_0229.jpg
Jay Lynn Gore

IMG_0230.jpg
Jerry Hensler

IMG_0231.jpg
Wade Hull

IMG_0234.jpg
Cody Engel and Ronnie Cheek

Last edited:
More Bluebonnet Photos

IMG_0235.jpg
Ron Sewell

IMG_0236.jpg
Mike Conry

IMG_0237.jpg
Joe Kubon

IMG_0239.jpg
Gene Bukys

IMG_0240.jpg
Mike Elliot

IMG_0241.jpg
Larry Baggett

Last edited:
Here you go Doug, so you can relive it again.

Attachments

• BBsp.jpg
    BBsp.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 349
  • BBlv.jpg
    BBlv.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 356
  • BB2g.jpg
    BB2g.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 415
Just As I remember

Yup

Thanks for posting those numbers so I could relive.... Was adding them aggs. all up and it came up to about the same travel mileage to my house....LOL...........

Bring on Seymour and the Ranch for the food

Seymour and the ranch

Yup

Thanks for posting those numbers so I could relive.... Was adding them aggs. all up and it came up to about the same travel mileage to my house....LOL...........

Bring on Seymour and the Ranch for the food

Doug, I'm sorry, the ranch doesn't exist anymore.

Cotton Gin

Well if that's what they call it, they sure do have good food out there. It is a hunting ranch as well. I'm thinking of going on a hog hunt out that way

Back