Super Shoot 2016

I've shot my rail gun at Kelbly's many times. It's not hard. Sounds like you're spoiled from shooting at Holton, or St Louis.

JIm

I should have been more clear. My thought was to start the Super Shoot (LV/HV) on Monday. Finish the Super Shoot on Thursday and start the rail gun match Friday. I understand the point of guys that don't get in until Sunday having Monday to get their stuff in order.

It frankly doesn't matter much to me, but I like being able to hit the road on Saturday. There's no way I'd miss out on an extra chance to shoot the rail, but if it goes on until Monday I'm going to catch a little bit of s**t at home.

I've shot my rail gun at Kelbly's many times. It's not hard. Sounds like you're spoiled from shooting at Holton, or St Louis.

JIm

Sorry Jim. I just like things to be level and square.
Ever work on US Navy ships? Most is square. But, not all............IT bugs the heck out of some people.
And Jim. I am not spoiled. I have eaten sh*t in a tin can.
After the mess(evening meal). We went back in the hole. Till 2200hrs fixing the BS of the UNION GOVT. WORKERS. At a UNION Govt Sh*it Yard.
I am a very lucky Electrician. Been blasted so many times I lost count. I stopped trying to win raffles. I never win.
But, I have seen the 15 person stare.................I might have one more......

How does one line up a rail gun at Kelbly's Range?
The benches are line up 2 targets to the left. You have to realign your tripod front rest. 2 feet on the extreme left edge of the bench. And one foot on the right. Rest feet.
Need to get Bob Scarborough JR out there with his transit. The benches at Holton Gun and Bow Club are line up almost dead N*ts. 100-200 I left my rifle there after 100y. went and grabbed my extra flags for 200y. Came back and looked where I had to move the first flag. I left 3 flags and moved #4 out and planted #5 at 150y. That had to be the easiest day setting flags.....Wow. :)

Have you ever shot a rail gun at Fairchance? There not only are no two benchtops in the same horizontal plane, none of the targets are in the same compass direction from any bench!

Lemme see, Jim Kelbly asks is there any interest in including rail guns in the Super Shoot at some point=just taking a poll more or less. Now we are going to debate whether the benches lined up at the Kelbly range or not and how close you have to be to the left edge of a bench to set your equipment up.

I suggest the we talk about the rain or lack of at Kelbly's and how that effects our setup and tune, or perhaps what time lunch is served and if there will be enough pie for all the shooters. Maybe more pie ='s closer to the left edge.:confused::p

Dan Honert

Last edited:
Lemme see, Jim Kelbly asks is there any interest in including rail guns in the Super Shoot at some point=just taking a poll more or less. Now we are going to debate whether the benches lined up at the Kelbly range or not and how close you have to be to the left edge of a bench to set your equipment up.

I suggest the we talk about the rain or lack of at Kelbly's and how that effects our setup and tune, or perhaps what time lunch is served and if there will be enough pie for all the shooters. Maybe more pie ='s closer to the left edge.:confused::p

Dan Honert

DON'T forget the ducks EH!!!!!!!!!! poor little things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to know if there will be any pie left..... That, is a real worry!!!

That little wooden box the pies are delivered in holds about a dozen or so. Do like I do, buy a whole pie, take it to the camper and put it in the frig!

Boston cream or butterscotch for me!

Wondering???????

That little wooden box the pies are delivered in holds about a dozen or so. Do like I do, buy a whole pie, take it to the camper and put it in the frig!

Jerry:
The line of shooters around your camper---
Are they there to get some "Gems of Wisdom"
OR
Are they there in hopes you leave the refrigerator unlocked???

Just WONDERING
CLP

Jerry:
The line of shooters around your camper---
Are they there to get some "Gems of Wisdom"
OR
Are they there in hopes you leave the refrigerator unlocked???

Just WONDERING
CLP

Cecil, beware, I have this massive and elaborate security system on my camper that even Donald Trump could use to replace his proposed border wall!!

Should have kept that one to yourself Jerry. Now for sure there will be a shortage, especially for Strawberry and banana creme ....

Dan Honert

Dan,
You win the prize.
My last 3 trips to Kelbly's have not involved rain. Yes, I have heard all the horror stories. Stuck cars, stuck trailers, takes an extra week to got out of the Super Shoot than to get in.
I really miss the guy who had the engine made Ice cream. No ice cream no go.
There is pie all the way down to Kelbly's and back. But, no engine made Ice cream.

That explains a lot.
I thought I had tried every pie at Kelbly's. Except rhubarb and coconut.
It's real hard to find a strawberry pie.......

Back