Sumo for the open class

From everything that has been, after seeing one in the flesh, no doubt about that.

Dave

Hi All I am thinking that some shooters wood like to know how work on the Sumo is going . I have been working with it on and off for a few days now . ( working on my 12 ft.lb. Dawson at the same time ) Dan had the tube and regulator when I got the Sumo , so I used a MFR regulator and bottle to experiment with hammer springs , and valve spring preacher . I got the Tube and regulator from Dan , and tried more spring combos . I am trying to keep it at 35 ft.lb. . 18 gr. JSB at 930 fps. Sat. AM ( very good conditions ) the first target with the Sumo 250 and 20 X . Built a air stripper and changed springs once more . Poor conditions Mon. AM 249 12 X . 4-- 10 shoot strings -- #1 AV 922.6, #2 AV 923.0 , # 3 AV 923.6 and #4 AV 922.8 ES of 6 --10 and SD in the 2 s . I am ordering some custom springs and well do some work with the hammer and debouncer . Great action , great barrel , and great regulator what more is there .

Hi All I am thinking that some shooters wood like to know how work on the Sumo is going . I have been working with it on and off for a few days now . ( working on my 12 ft.lb. Dawson at the same time ) Dan had the tube and regulator when I got the Sumo , so I used a MFR regulator and bottle to experiment with hammer springs , and valve spring preacher . I got the Tube and regulator from Dan , and tried more spring combos . I am trying to keep it at 35 ft.lb. . 18 gr. JSB at 930 fps. Sat. AM ( very good conditions ) the first target with the Sumo 250 and 20 X . Built a air stripper and changed springs once more . Poor conditions Mon. AM 249 12 X . 4-- 10 shoot strings -- #1 AV 922.6, #2 AV 923.0 , # 3 AV 923.6 and #4 AV 922.8 ES of 6 --10 and SD in the 2 s . I am ordering some custom springs and well do some work with the hammer and debouncer . Great action , great barrel , and great regulator what more is there .

Great Conditions Reader ? :)

Well Pete I do not know what you mean by that . Targets were shot at my house off an old wooden bench , in a wooded area .They were shot out side . I have shoot some good scores at my house as I have shot many 1000 of shoots there . Come on down to Salem and you can see for your self .

Great looking rifle Chip. It is going to be very interesting to see how it shoot but I think all the "fundementals" seems right.

While looking at the photo's a question came to mind. Since you have the port screwing in from the top could you not do away with the small valve locating screw on the side ? The screw in port could do the same job for you maybe.

Not really. The screw insert does not go all the way to the valve body. Only the transferport hole does and it is so easy to do on the side compared to the set up for the transferport and insert hole.

God I hope there is two L's or I am in trouble.
DSC02404.jpg

Here's a question: what about doing a dual tank setup, with the Ti tube? still regulated, of course... kind of like that twin cylinder S500 from Air Arms. would something like that be possible?

Well Pete I do not know what you mean by that . Targets were shot at my house off an old wooden bench , in a wooded area .They were shot out side . I have shoot some good scores at my house as I have shot many 1000 of shoots there . Come on down to Salem and you can see for your self .

I don't know what I meant by that Rick so dis-regard please. I think I was just tacking on the the list of good things and meant it to be a funny when you asked, "What else is there?" but that is just a guess.

Oh, that would be an INSANE build! Here's another for you Chip- is the spacing between the barrel, and where the tank would thread in the same as the other receiver that you worked with, the one Gordon's putting out? If so, what size shroud would you think would work w/this 1.5" Ti tube? Thanks to you and Gordon, and everyone I've missed for bringing stuff like this to the community!!

Back