"Stool Shootin" Cartoon

Nader

Anybody remember seeing a pencil drawing or black and white cartoon of a frumpy country boy sitting at a shooting bench snuggled in behind an old style benchrest rifle with a Unertal style scope on it. The caption underneath the drawing just said "stool shootin ".
It may have been in an old Precision Shooting magazine or Club literature from one of the old IBS BR rifle clubs back east.
Joel

Some of these old ones are

hilarious imo.

Attachments

• Remington 37 Cartoon.docx
    54.5 KB · Views: 473
I had George Kelbly and Fletcher Williams stay with me during one of our matches in the early 90's and Fletcher gave me this.

Attachments

• Fletcher Williams Cartoon.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 636
The "Stool Shootin" drawing at the top, when I was on the board at the St Louis range I was searching through the minutes of past meetings at our club from many years back and found that drawing was originated by Crawford Hollidge (sp) and was originally patented. I assume he was a competitor of the past?

Wayne Corley

Crawfird Hollidge

I have half a dozen 50 rd. boxes of 6mm bullets bullets from Crawford Hollidge with that logo on the top. I bought them about 1960. Never shot any, will try some next summer to compare them to present day stuff. Jack Foster

If you click on these attachments, they'll come at you right side up. Honest.

What are you trying to sell Francis? The only way this one is right side up is if I turn my screen 90 degrees, and that damn thing gets heavy after a short look.

Back