Stoney Point Bore Guide

Jim D

Does anyone have one for .17 and.22 rimfires, and does it work ?

I bought one and the insert is too big to fit in the chamber.

Help !

Thanks
Jim

I don't know if you have the Stoney Point bore guide, but the insert has a slot or port .

Unless it fits into the chamber, the solvent will leak into the magazine.

The guide is a two piece brass colored anodized set that works by twisting the two offset pieces and it wedges itself to keep from moving.

I wish I could post a picture.

Thanks for your reply !

Jim

I don't know if you have the Stoney Point bore guide, but the insert has a slot or port .

Unless it fits into the chamber, the solvent will leak into the magazine.

The guide is a two piece brass colored anodized set that works by twisting the two offset pieces and it wedges itself to keep from moving.

I wish I could post a picture.

Thanks for your reply !

Jim

I've see them, I've owned them, I use Bore savers by TK Nolan for my CF bench guns. As stated, 22 guides do not enter the chamber and by definition result in very modest leakage. That is a FAR more modest issue than the ones resulting from a guide in the chamber, even a small cone like affair is ill fitting for 22's.

Thanks Tim and Pete.

It appears I've been had by Stoney point, as the package states 17 and 22 rimfires.

I've seen on another site where an individual swaged the end of what appears to be an aluminum arrow shaft. He made a slipon collar to hold the shaft square in the action. The swaged portion fits into the chamber of a 17HMR.
Looks like that's the route I'll go.

Jim

I've got one for a 40x that I don't need anymore. It's a white round plastic device that slips into the action to guide the rod, and of course has a cutout for your bore cleaner as well. I never saw any leakage as stated above. Also have one for my Ruger #1 . Still have the Ruger..

In case anybody is curious how they look, Midway still shows a picture of these bore guides .

I called Stoney Point. They must have sold out awhile back, because they are in Kansas, and these bore guides list a New Ulm Minnesota address.

Of course they could not help me, that's understandable.

Thanks for the interest guys !

Jim

In case anybody is curious how they look, Midway still shows a picture of these bore guides .

I called Stoney Point. They must have sold out awhile back, because they are in Kansas, and these bore guides list a New Ulm Minnesota address.

Of course they could not help me, that's understandable.

Thanks for the interest guys !

Jim

Jim;
Just looked up midways. I believe mine is the Possum Hollow. They are at $20.
As I said, mine fit my 40x. Don't know what you're rifle is, but you can PM me.

Joe

Back