top of pic. Took pin out , spring
must be broke, piece (round ) did not come
out, any ideas, tried air, picking
at it nothing.

Attachments

• 20161029_132846.jpg
    20161029_132846.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 396
It's call the ejector. It looks like you have fired high pressure loads. Generally in this situation, when the bolt is opened, the edge of the ejector hole will shave brass off of the case head. The shaving get stuck between the hole & ejector pin not letting it pop back up. I'd try soaking it with some kroil or some bore solvent for a few days, then work it up & down to see if it will free up. You may need and ejector spring once you get it out.

thanks

It's call the ejector. It looks like you have fired high pressure loads. Generally in this situation, when the bolt is opened, the edge of the ejector hole will shave brass off of the case head. The shaving get stuck between the hole & ejector pin not letting it pop back up. I'd try soaking it with some kroil or some bore solvent for a few days, then work it up & down to see if it will free up. You may need and ejector spring once you get it out.

I have tried all that, nothing
might have to shoot a match
with it like that as have time
to send in. Thanks

When I say soak it.....I mean take the firing pin assembly out & submerse the bolt head with the retaining pin out.. After it soaks, try a pointy scriber or dental pick to rotate it back & forth. You may get lucky.

Last edited:
And BTW........you may want to consider backing your load off. You're just wrecking your brass with those pressures.

I had this once

and was able to un-stick the ejector with a drill the same size as the ejector . If the ejector will push in any at all, a drill or reamer, perhaps, for that matter should cut the brass out enough to get the ejector out. The ejector is a pin also, that slides in and out of it's hole, as you must know. It's been a long time but I was able to free it.

Pete

Last edited:
Wonder if this bolt has been converted to a non-ejector bolt face, ejector stud area has very little radius to ejector face surface as would be expected in most stock setups.

Use a small punch and try to drive it in a little. If that works then hold the bolt in your hand and hit the bolt face with a dead blow hammer.If it will push down a good soak and a punch and a dead blow hammer will get it out.

If it's really stuck. set it up in a stable and vertical setup in a knee mill and use a smaller size drill and tap and thread a small shcs and use the threads to pull it out.

bingo

Thanks for help on my ejector
rod, finally after, oil, air, working
back and forth, it came out
no broken spring either.

Back