stock info needed ?

REMY

Hi , can someone please let me know the width at the bottom rear end of a Bob scarobrough jr stock, info needed for correct rear bag spacing.

Thank's a lot in advance,

Remy:)

Hi, i thought id ask the same question to the man who makes em,he kindly replyed 0.650"- 0.700".
My next question is to the shooters who are using this type of stock, which width ear spacing for the rear bag is popular and why.

I don't have one of those stocks but I'm pretty sure that any bag that holds both sides of the buttstock at the same time would be OK. That said, I'm a bag squeezer and don't know much about return to battery and things of that sort.

Hi, i thought id ask the same question to the man who makes em,he kindly replyed 0.650"- 0.700".
My next question is to the shooters who are using this type of stock, which width ear spacing for the rear bag is popular and why.

I use a 1/2" space on my DR bag. My 1st bag that I used the 1st 2 seasons was a 3/8". I have done a lot better the last 2 seasons using my 1/2" than with the other one. With the 1/2" my Scoville, Leonards, R&M's, and Hunters which are low profile stocks ride on the stitching instead of riding on the bottom of the ears. I know one very good group shooter who doesn't recommend that the stock ride on the stitching, but 3 of the best score shooters that I shoot against all have their stocks riding on the stitching.

Last edited:
You can make this decision difficult or easy with the same results. Why not pick a bag that you like and run with it?

Back